• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how wide....

Siffty

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,
I am needing new tires, and i was just wondering how wide of tires I could get with stock 2000 XJ rims. Oh and if anyone has any set for real cheap, i may be interested.
Thanks

30 X 9.50 is about as big as you can go on a stocker.
They will rub, and you wont get much flex with out rubbing, but if you are just going to drive around town, they will be fine.

235/75R15

I've got a buddy trying to get rid of some 225/75R15 on stock 5 star steel wheels for cheap (take offs, lifted new wrangler right after purchase). They are Wrangler GSAs, suck offroad, but only have a few hundred miles on them.

you want some for trail riding?
I've got a set of half worn maxxis buckshots in the 30x9.5 flavor, and a spare set of rims.
That way you could keep your road tires for DD duty.

Here are some pictures of the wheels/tires my buddy has that were on his TJ. PM me if you are interested.

SNV30097.jpg

SNV30098.jpg

I'd say get those 215's for the street, and I'd let you have this spare set of rims and tires for cheap, having two sets of tires is awesome.

Back