• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No more Twin Grove for me

RoyalXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I will never be staying at twin grove again. Because I didn't leave a tip for the cleaner our room is now all of a sudden missing a mirror that was never there to begin with. I am being charged $75 for a 12"x12" frameless mirror. The reason we didn't tip because when we got there the room was never cleaned. The floors were disgusting. My wife wiped the beds down with cleaner and the rag was black. On the way out my wife re cleaned the place herself. I was basically called a liar when i called and complained that they had charged me for something i did not do. Total bullsh×t.

Bob sorry to hear this, it is bs, they want you to tip for dirty crappy service, I don’t think so.
I hope they make it right by you.

STROKER

They also said Paul and Hillary stole a mirror as well. Total BS. What are the chances that two cabins right next to each other both people steal the mirrors. I dont know about the whole tipping thing for them. That was just my best guess since the maid lied

Bob, did your cabin have an "inventory checklist" sheet like the H-series ones do? When I read your post I thought of that, but since it's been about 10 years since I stayed in anything but an H-series, I don't recall whether all cabins get that or not (if not, sounds like they should).

Bob, did your cabin have an "inventory checklist" sheet like the H-series ones do? When I read your post I thought of that, but since it's been about 10 years since I stayed in anything but an H-series, I don't recall whether all cabins get that or not (if not, sounds like they should).

Nah there was no checklist. We ended up getting our money back after we showed pics and it wasnt in the background. The manager was a jerkoff. He gave my wife major attitude. Its taking me a lot not to stop back out there this weekend. He was like how come you didn't say anything about it being missing when you got there. I had no idea there was supposed to be one.

Geez. The only thing my cabin was missing when I checked in was a bath mat, and when I stopped in the office on Thursday afternoon to ask for one they had no problem having the lady at the laundry building give me one when I passed by on my way back to the cabin. All the cabins should have those checklists, IMHO.

Glad to hear it's more or less resolved, but I'm surprised at the manager's attitude. Hopefully Paul and Hillary can get their issue sorted out as well.

Yea we got it sorted out. The manager def had a major attitude. He basically implied theres some kind of mirror conspiracy going on because it was there for 17 years and than 2 of them go missing in one weekend. I don't think Ive ever seen a checklist in any of the non H cabins.

Man, that's crazy on the level of Echo Valley. Any chance you can escalate to the owner?

Wow, I’m not even sure what to think or say, this is bs, I’m wondering if the maid stole or broke the mirror(s) and is trying to get out of it. Or someone is trying to skim the top...Bob let me or rich know if there is anything we can try to help with.

STROKER

We ended up contacting our bank and they took care of it. Thanks

I'm sorry, we just got home last night so I'm way late to the party on this one. I'll be up there this weekend, and I'll be paying them a personal visit for sure.
I'll also reach out to the bronco group, a lot of them were there anyway this past weekend, to see if they had similar problems. Something tells me that this being done deliberately, for whatever reason. I'll keep everyone posted.
Rich

I'm sorry, we just got home last night so I'm way late to the party on this one. I'll be up there this weekend, and I'll be paying them a personal visit for sure.
I'll also reach out to the bronco group, a lot of them were there anyway this past weekend, to see if they had similar problems. Something tells me that this being done deliberately, for whatever reason. I'll keep everyone posted.
Rich

Its crazy ive never once had an issue with the campground as long ive been going there. We even stay when its not naxja events. Antoinette and I were plannng on putting our camper there for the season but no way in hell now. I was called a liar, the wife was given attitude through the whole process and the jerkoff manager took back his word on our refund. Good thing we had his email stating that he was refunding our money. The bank took carr of that quick.

Back