• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OME 3.5" spring replacement

NOTNSUV

You Guys ROCK!
Been out of the game awhile so come around when I "need something" of course. Since I was last here the Utah gang (Intermountain) is gone to CO.

Posted this in Modified also. Maybe troubleshooting methodology will get me where I need to be. The rear springs in question have very few miles on them. Thanks in advance.

Looking for replacement rear springs and bump stops (one missing) for my '99 XJ.
Have complete 3.5" OME lift but rears seem to be flat, and feels/sounds like bottoming out on nearly any dirt road rut, bump or rock, even at very low speed. I did have probably 100# of gear in the back + spare tire rack on rear bumper, jack, rotopax (JRC). I've since unloaded but haven't test driven.
So, keeping it at 3.5" (33 x 10.50 w/4.56) can I get a recommendation on good spring packs and bump stops please? Just want to keep the height as is. The extra gear and tire rack need to be part of the equation I suppose.
Rubicon Express comes to mind but I haven't done any research for a few years so don't know what the favorites are these days.

Now that I have an elk tag it's come to me that I need to get this done.

Thanks for your time!

Edit: I might be looking to replace shocks as well. Guess I'd better get a buddy out to visualize what's happening.

I am running Rubicon Express 3.5" packs and like them. I have over 100 lbs resting and have loaded them up with over 800 lbs of gear and didn't see much droop, maybe an inch. Thats what i would run, Cant remember which bump stops i am running. 5160 bilstein shocks. Really happy with the setup, i have the same tire size and gearing as you.

I am running Rubicon Express 3.5" packs and like them. I have over 100 lbs resting and have loaded them up with over 800 lbs of gear and didn't see much droop, maybe an inch. Thats what i would run, Cant remember which bump stops i am running. 5160 bilstein shocks. Really happy with the setup, i have the same tire size and gearing as you.

.... and an LS.

If you’ve had the OME for like eight or ten years, and many tens of thousands of miles, and were happy with the ride and life then I would just get the same ones all over again.

I have BDS leaf packs in the back of my little XJ Wagoneer, probably 5,000 street miles in three years, and they do a fine job of holding up the back end. BDS is (or was, I don’t know?) a NAXJA supporting vendor so that is nice.

Back