• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OFFICIAL BS THREAD(all others will be deleted)

Haha wow!

Hows everyone doing?

I moved at the end of March. I need to organize the garage and get rid of some stuff.

Doing ok down here other than my ac picking now to act up. Been without almost a week and two visits so far hasn’t fixed it.

Took the XJ to Home Depot yesterday

Hopefully you can get those AC troubles resolved before it gets stupid hot!

Can't wait for this virus stuff to be done with. Need to get some wheeling in!

Posted this in the "Roll Call" thread to introduce myself a few days ago. I'm thinking that wasn't the right spot for this group so I'm trying here :wave1:

New owner to the Jeep/XJ community. Longtime member of several other online forums so I am versed on the wealth of knowledge that exists here. Any members or indy mechanics in the D/FW metroplex (or TX in general) that could help me diagnose a front end wandering issue? I'm sure it will be asked but YES I've searched the forums and replaced EVERY single component and checked all angle settings including 2 steering boxes and this thing still has a 1-2" back and forth play in the steering wheel. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Shoot me a PM or let me know the next time you guys have a meet and greet - Thanks

Posted this in the "Roll Call" thread to introduce myself a few days ago. I'm thinking that wasn't the right spot for this group so I'm trying here :wave1:

New owner to the Jeep/XJ community. Longtime member of several other online forums so I am versed on the wealth of knowledge that exists here. Any members or indy mechanics in the D/FW metroplex (or TX in general) that could help me diagnose a front end wandering issue? I'm sure it will be asked but YES I've searched the forums and replaced EVERY single component and checked all angle settings including 2 steering boxes and this thing still has a 1-2" back and forth play in the steering wheel. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Shoot me a PM or let me know the next time you guys have a meet and greet - Thanks

whats up El Capitan!

My XJ has always had a dead spot in the wheel. finally realized the frame rail flexes first, then the front tires move. shoot a video of your gear and pitman arm to see if you have a similar issue.

Personally, i'm going to hydro assist soon so I'm not in a huge rush to tear it and start adding steel to that area.

I pulled my spare tire carrier off over the weekend. I didn’t know my XJ could be so quiet driving around.

Still need to put my transfer case back together and slap it in.

Also looking to trade off my Suburban for something fun now.

Still need to put my transfer case back together and slap it in.

Also looking to trade off my Suburban for something fun now.

Lol. I kind of want to get out of my Rubicon already. Its fun, but its too expensive for what it is. I miss the Canyon.

Everyone doing ok from the storm? Houston stayed pretty dry, not sure if we've got anyone in Beaumont or west LA

Everyone doing ok from the storm? Houston stayed pretty dry, not sure if we've got anyone in Beaumont or west LA

The usual phrase is we dodged a bullet. Laura was not a forking Bullet, LOL. More like sea of nukes on steroids.

In the end it was a non event here. Between Hobby airport and Pasadena.

Beaumont and Port Arthur got lucky to some extent from what I am hearing so far.

Lake Charles is a disaster area. Picture 145 MPH winds in Downtown Houston, Compared to Ike with only 90 MPH in 2008. The chemical plant complex is on fire with Fumes/Chlorine gas reaching I-10 Bridge in Lake Charles and they had to close it. I-10 closed at the Bridge in Lake Charles

They have no way to fight the fires, no power, no water pressure(?). Need power to run fuel pumps, and City water pumps.

145 MPH is 256 times more damage than 70 mph

I just saw a video of a flattened House in Orange, near the coast line(?)

Last edited:
The usual phrase is we dodged a bullet. Laura was not a forking Bullet, LOL. More like sea of nukes on steroids.

In the end it was a non event here. Between Hobby airport and Pasadena.

Beaumont and Port Arthur got lucky to some extent from what I am hearing so far.

Lake Charles is a disaster area. Picture 145 MPH winds in Downtown Houston, Compared to Ike with only 90 MPH in 2008. The chemical plant complex is on fire with Fumes/Chlorine gas reaching I-10 Bridge in Lake Charles and they had to close it. I-10 closed at the Bridge in Lake Charles

They have no way to fight the fires, no power, no water pressure(?). Need power to run fuel pumps, and City water pumps.

145 MPH is 256 times more damage than 70 mph

I just saw a video of a flattened House in Orange, near the coast line(?)
We just drove through there yesterday, a lot of blue tarps.

Mighty quiet here it seems.

Did we elect any new folks here this year?

What's cooking?

ahh my old stomping grounds, doesn't look like much has changed. glad to see the chapter didn't get disbanded.

Yep, we still have a core group here. Pandemic and the health battle that nearly killed me in 2014-2016 put in crowbar in many of my plans. But still here with more XJ's under my wing, and a Liberty and Comanche my son has...that he dragged kicking screaming down here from Oregon on Feb last year. We saved the drive train from the rolled 89 still in my driveway...

I gave away the 87 Red XJ shell 2 weeks ago, to a guy that plans to put it on a heavy duty diesel 4x4 and give it a new life. Still had no rust on it... amazing... He is pipe fitter, mid 50's, so he might have some fun with it...

They force is still with us.

:party:
:clap:

Well I'll be suck egg mule, looks like I the sole survivor here????

:eyes:

Any body else left here???

:wave1:

Back