• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I rolled the XJ

thats a flop.

I did the exact same thing last weekend, but quite a bit worse.

You can pound the A pillar strait again, get a junkyard windshield and mirror, and be back on the road for $100 or less - with minimal mechanical ability.

or you can drive it all the way here to my house and i'll give you $200 for it :D haha. when i rolled mine i did way more damage. so i parted it out and scrapped the body. wish i kept it tho.

Well, I "flopped" mine at 40 m.p.h. on Christmas Day and everything just looked a bit crunched. After further inspection, the whole roof had moved over toward the driver's side by about a half inch. Other than that (i.e.: getting the new hatch to line up) things seem fine. Good luck.

it'll never be the same, and on a vehicle like an xj... WHY BOTHER?
i'll go against the grain and say junk it and start over.
xj's are a dime a dozen.

i thought everyone was lookin for a reason to chop it. at least straighten it some and chop it keep it for a trail rig and buy a 86 honda for a dd and if you need the storage space get a hatchback

the all mighty hammer. it fixes almost everything. except glass. it NEVER fixes glass......

There ya go thats the spirit!

Good ol persuasion tool! I watch the dent wizard guy here at work. How he does it is he uses a flat faced hammer. He doesnt go to town on it but does little taps to soften the metal. Just what I observed though.

Told you!

I fixed my XJ twiceafter roll overs and it looked almost as good as new both times. It took a lot of time, but I think its worth it. Corse now all I have to do is replace the windshield, and cut out a new sheet metal center section after a roll and its good as new.

Back