• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I just wanted to share my project clean up with you

Sneaky

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought this XJ for 1,000 dollars. It had a busted down drivers seat smelled like dogs to the 1,000th degree and was dying at the lights. Also had a flap door for the defrost that would blow shut when you turned on the fan. First thing I did when I got it home was pull all the interior out.

yjyrygyp.jpg

Then I had to clean and scrub all the underlying body, wires and anything I otherwise couldn't get to with the interior in.

azepatuh.jpg

nanamy3e.jpg

y8utajy3.jpg

qy6u3u6a.jpg

This is what most of the carpet looked like.

8uquhy9a.jpg

gatajapu.jpg

I pressure washed the carpet and started putting it back in. Here is the rear before a final vacuum.

u2aqagez.jpg

pe5y3yqa.jpg

Then I had to figure out the defrost flap. I've heard this is pretty common but have not had anyone post up a fix for it. I've read that it could be a bad actuator or no vacuum to the actuator. I honestly felt in my situation that was not the case. Here is what I found. I found the lever for the upper door on the defrost had come out of its location. It seems to be held in place by a clip. Instead of buying a new lever I decided to glue it back in with some liquid CA. Here is the location of this. If you pulled the radio and looked behind the heater controls to the left you would see this lever. That's with the dash in of course.

guhame4y.jpg

See the empty hole next to the lever?

gy4ygeqe.jpg

Lever in but not in the lever

byge5agu.jpg

Here it is all installed. Works like a charm now.

6etatupa.jpg

Here is the actual lever removed.

Then was to put it together. I had scrubbed all the plastic and interior panels as it went together. I also bought new seats and pulled off the covers and washed them in the washing machine.

a4y6esyr.jpg

ve3e3udy.jpg

u4e6ajav.jpg

Installed some extra Infinity Separates that I had in the tool box

qu9epagy.jpg

ade3esen.jpg

All washed up and clean. Smells nice and clean on the inside too.

zety5uzu.jpg

Not too bad for only a 1,300 dollar investment so far...

I also ordered and put in a set of Rugged Ridge floor liners. Then UPS showed up with some gifts.

6equqygy.jpg

I haven't opened up the boxes yet but it's a 6.5 longarm kit from Rough Country.

I had the same problem with my defroster door. My defroster arm was broken off, so I replaced the whole HVAC box. No problems now. When are you installing your lift. Ask Kenny about the install he just installed Rough County long arm kit.

I plan on doing the instal in another week or two. I've got to wait for my SYE I ordered from JB Conversions. I got a tracking number today for that. I ended up going with the shorty for that. I want to do a tranny service too since this skid plate is going to make it pretty difficult to do later. Did Kenny have any issues? Looks pretty straight forward to me. A lot easier than some other lifts I've done in the past.

Meh I was over there the first day. It didnt look to difficult. But I didn't do the install. PM Kenny he can fill you in.

Back