• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

my worst wreck while driving wrecker what's a 16 year old girl/new driver was driving a malibu and she pulled out in front of the suburban, the suburban hit the passenger side of the car and killed her mother. the girl lived. it's hard to imagine the mental anguish that girl is living with.

That sucks!

Didn't know you drove wreckers.

One of my old bosses (when I was driving a flatbed delivering construction junk) used to say it was a game of odds. The more you drove, the worse your odds got. It wasn't "if", it was "when", so the longer you went without an accident, the more attention you had to pay. I guess that's a lot like 'Wheeler's "is today the day" mindset. It makes me hypertense and the worst shotgun rider ever, but I haven't had any at-fault accidents yet...

One of my old bosses (when I was driving a flatbed delivering construction junk) used to say it was a game of odds. The more you drove, the worse your odds got. It wasn't "if", it was "when", so the longer you went without an accident, the more attention you had to pay. I guess that's a lot like 'Wheeler's "is today the day" mindset. It makes me hypertense and the worst shotgun rider ever, but I haven't had any at-fault accidents yet...

I drive 80 to 100 miles in 8.5 hours on city streets...

I've been hit 4 times, one was a guy ramming my car trying to get away, another was a semi sliding into my car on the ice, the others aren't as memorable...
I've had one at fault, hit another side mirror on a parked car on a narrow street going to back someone up...

Among the people that won't get the heck out of your way when you are trying to get somewhere...

So far on our racing trips and cross country trips we've had great luck, seen a few crazy things, but missed them. The best was going to Moab in 2008 with two rigs on the goose, grossing 25k, we came out of the Eisenhower tunnel in the mountains and it was snowing...cars were coming out and sliding off the road and into the mountain...we just drove sensible and amazingly we didn't crash...

mac 'probably driving to cali and moab next year' gyvr

mac 'still rather drive than fly' gyvr

The best was going to Moab in 2008 with two rigs on the goose, grossing 25k, we came out of the Eisenhower tunnel in the mountains and it was snowing...cars were coming out and sliding off the road and into the mountain...we just drove sensible and amazingly we didn't crash...

mac 'probably driving to cali and moab next year' gyvr

mac 'still rather drive than fly' gyvr

I remember that. Was just talking about it the other day.

JIM.

Just saw a commercial with two decently attractive women debating back and forth over the fence about who's grass is better trimmed. It was a Snapper commercial. Brilliant advertising if you ask me. :D

the MODoT guys were cleaning the gutters through town the other day....4 full size dump trucks sitting there idling all day, lights flashing, 16 workers, 2 skid steers and 1 guy working...the rest were sitting on the curbs or in the idling trucks....

gotta love my tax dollars at work....

Airport security. Government at its finest. 10 people telling me to take all my stuff out of my pockets and a machine doing all the work.

Looking forward to that this coming thursday!

Just renewed the Tahoe plates. Prolly the quickest I've been in and out of the BMV EVER! Less than 10 minutes!

Indiana has gotten way better at that, used to take 2 hours sometimes. Now, its 10 minutes or less.

Last edited:
the MODoT guys were cleaning the gutters through town the other day....4 full size dump trucks sitting there idling all day, lights flashing, 16 workers, 2 skid steers and 1 guy working...the rest were sitting on the curbs or in the idling trucks....

gotta love my tax dollars at work....

You have to love government unions!

Scott Walker for president!

They say be there 15 minutes early...

You sit for 45 minutes instead of 30...

Finally they check you in...

Then wait another 20 and counting minutes...

I could've slept an extra hour...

mac 'where am I? 'gyvr

They say be there 15 minutes early...

You sit for 45 minutes instead of 30...

Finally they check you in...

Then wait another 20 and counting minutes...

I could've slept an extra hour...

mac 'where am I? 'gyvr

DR. office

Just renewed the Tahoe plates. Prolly the quickest I've been in and out of the BMV EVER! Less than 10 minutes!

If you haven't already, check out http://bmv.in.gov/. You can renew plates online and they'll just mail you the registration and plate sticker, I only physically go there when I get a new vehicle (so about once a month, it feels like).

Also you can check branch wait times, if I'm at work I'll periodically check it until it says "less than 5 minutes" and then run over there quick.

Back