• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corona Fire Update!!

IMORTL

NAXJA Member #1156
I live in Corona and the fire is on the other side of the 91 from me...

We were coming home from D-land cuz the smake was bad and was coming down the 91 just as the fire jumped the freeway...

Copters 50 -100 feet over head dropping buckets of water -

here are pics from my cell phone...

dsc00062.jpg

dsc00063.jpg

dsc00064.jpg

dsc00065.jpg

dsc00066.jpg

dsc00067.jpg

dsc00068.jpg

dsc00069.jpg

dsc00070.jpg

dsc00071.jpg

dsc00072.jpg

dsc00073.jpg

dsc00074.jpg

dsc00076.jpg

dsc00077.jpg

dsc00078.jpg

dsc00079.jpg

dsc00080.jpg

view from my house
dsc00081.jpg

I live in Corona and the fire is on the other side of the 91 from me...

Ken, I thought you lived off of Ontario/Buena Vista. A good friend of mine lives two houses down from one that burned. I'm kind of worried because I can't get a hold of her, and with the 91 closed- I can't get out there.

How close is Hildy and Grant from this fire?

Ken, I thought you lived off of Ontario/Buena Vista. A good friend of mine lives two houses down from one that burned. I'm kind of worried because I can't get a hold of her, and with the 91 closed- I can't get out there.

anyone east of lincoln has nothing to worry about (unless the wind changes - but i dont see that happening)

Just got off the phone with my sister.. She just got out of Carbon Canyon, she said they are evacuating and it's crazy...

My brother lives in Yorba Linda and they are evacuating his street right now.

57 is closed but the 91 is still open as of right now.

I'm at the shop in Anaheim Hills right now and the skies are black and ash raining down pretty good. Anaheim Hills near Weir Canyon is being evacuated and it may be heading towards last years burn, which would be good. We can see the Brea dump from the shop and it was on fire a few minutes ago.

my company had family day at knotts berry farm , i worked, but they where calling me all day saying it was misrable, raining ashes and all.

There was a time I kinda' liked the smell of a fire.....
now its just sad.

Be safe people.....

BTW I have a house with a few spare rooms out here if anyone needs a place to flop.

Rick 760-415-9859

Back