• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RADIO ANTENNA options ?

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok well ive seen some XJ's on cardomain with the shorter, rubber antennas which look more durable, i was wondering if anybody knows where i could pick up one of these, any links would be helpful, thanks alot guys

just cut yours down like 10 inches and round off the top with a dremel. did it to mine and i barely lost any reception. Most of the time those rubber ones yeild the same reception as a cut off one. Id say just hack it inch by inch and see if you like it. If not you could always go get a new one at a junkyard for prob nothin.

I bent the bejeesus out of my power antenna and found the rubber one at the local parts store for about 10 bones.

The motor removal was a PITA but all in all it was a good upgrade. No noticed loss of reception.

I have one of the short rubber ones right now even w/ the inline amp the thing sucks ass recption isn't good at all i guess i'm gonna take it back and get my $25 back. I got mine from the local advanced auto.

Got a shorty antenna with a spring like coil in it from Princess Auto. www.princessauto.com It's red, matches my jeep and is much better at avoiding snagging branches, and doesn't whip in the wind as much. Radio recpetion is unchanged. Cost me 1.49$ CAN plus tax, hard to beat that price.

Back