• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-D...ocphy=9028912&hvtargid=pla-603382309604&psc=1

better than what I bought and told me what a pro shop couldnt figure out.
https://www.newegg.com/p/0ZK-08KS-0...s-_-blueskysea-_-9SIAB15B960891&source=region
or cheaper, there out there for 50ish but Ive never heard of the sites selling them.

Yeah...I bought one I thought they'd be more expensive but they're pretty reasonable. I also found the pinout on the dodge website for every module and connector . With the scope and a test light I can test the and module harness plug for all that it needs to run the and module...if all that Checks out I'll buy a new control module. I just want to be sure the module is the problem before I toss cash at it.

Looking at going out to Moab next month. Was thinking about Pritchett canyon I want to claim the rock pile . Any suggestions on what trails are best for someone who want waterfalls and ledges ? ... not interested in the scenic I live in the Colorado mountains scenic is right out the back door I'm looking for sketchy.

Looking at going out to Moab next month. Was thinking about Pritchett canyon I want to claim the rock pile . Any suggestions on what trails are best for someone who want waterfalls and ledges ? ... not interested in the scenic I live in the Colorado mountains scenic is right out the back door I'm looking for sketchy.

When next month. We will be there end of the month for a tacoma event.
Big ledges to me sounds like cliffhanger and moab rim (rim is super fast)
you could also run through the trifecta. There are some sections that get kind of boring, but there are others where its like driving up and down big stairs.

Mike, by trifecta do you mean Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim? If so, I agree that it is a long trail for the amount of excitement, but there are some pretty cool obstacles, and there is nothing I've seen in Colorado that is similar to the scenery there.
Definitely one of my favorite runs out there.

Pritchett to me is the epitome of sketchy, wouldn't consider running it without a spotter that knows it well. LCOG is ideal there, last time I ran it on 33s, seemed like the guys with the bigger tires/lifts were the ones that were close to flopping on many of the obstacles.

We were there 9/13-9/17 for our 30th anniversary, was pretty crowded, and the road construction on the north end of town really sucked, not going back until that is done.

When next month. We will be there end of the month for a tacoma event.
Big ledges to me sounds like cliffhanger and moab rim (rim is super fast)
you could also run through the trifecta. There are some sections that get kind of boring, but there are others where its like driving up and down big stairs.

No specific time if your group is going at the end of the month I'll probably go then and wheel with the Toys.

Mike, by trifecta do you mean Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim? If so, I agree that it is a long trail for the amount of excitement, but there are some pretty cool obstacles, and there is nothing I've seen in Colorado that is similar to the scenery there.
Definitely one of my favorite runs out there.

Pritchett to me is the epitome of sketchy, wouldn't consider running it without a spotter that knows it well. LCOG is ideal there, last time I ran it on 33s, seemed like the guys with the bigger tires/lifts were the ones that were close to flopping on many of the obstacles.

We were there 9/13-9/17 for our 30th anniversary, was pretty crowded, and the road construction on the north end of town really sucked, not going back until that is done.

Correct. Or tie into rusty nail for more challenge and less length. Definitely a favorite route for sure.
Pritchett has been crazy dug out last 2-3 years. We have a group giving it a go in tacomas. Nothing like ifs and long wheelbase trying to wheel heavy.

Oh and happy birthday old ass Led.

Run pritchet then behind the rocks backwards. You can also run metal masher and give widowmaker a try.

Dodge is fixed now I can move onto painting the new bumper to match it and getting it installed. Going to add about 2-3 lift with new control arms so I can shove the wheels out a bit on it as well .I don't want a tall dodge but I want a fatter stance . Also need to pull the struts and het them leak free and add heat shielding under the hood. The tipm on that dodge is kinda b.s. ...lol... do you really need a computer controlled fuse box and nom serviceable solid state relays ?

Get a permit and run Coyote...or run Rear Steer.

Other than that, all pretty mild stuff. Pritchett is still a fun trail. Run it forwards, turn around and run it backwards.

Ran Indy this weekend, couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

Was myself, a fellow NorCO wheeler I've known for a while, and Dutch in his new Toyota truck.

We dropped in a hair after 11, and we're all out the exit (all drove out) just after 12. Mike and I dropped back in, Dutch in my passenger seat...and we're back out the entrance in 30-ish minutes. Went and ate lunch, BS'd for a bit, then dropped back in Bunker Hill and drove Liberty out, stopping to play at the rock slide.

Not another rig on the trail the entire day, and beautiful weather to boot.

These led lights I put on with the new led taillight boxes on the dodge got me scratching my head . When I plug them in they have power not a lot but enough to just barely light up . I didn't have my meter since I left it on and killed battery so just my test light . I Probed the stock part of the harness and the test light does not light up I probed the socket for the reverse lights connected to the truck harness and test light does not light up . I put these in just a few days before I lost my TIPM and when dark I could see them light up for about a minute after parking and I could hear a click and they'd shut off. The stock harness has 3 female receptacles the plug for the new lights only two . I'm about positive these led lights killed the circuit in the TIPM since the reverse power key on circuit is what died. In not sure if it's a grounding issue or what but I do know they do funny things .

Never mind it seems this is problem with led lights as the circuit has enough power to run an led due to low draw . I'll either put regular light back in or put resistor in the circuit. I also forgot the same #30 fuse was used for the edge power source and they just use a sleeve that slips over one leg of the fuse this may have been more of the TIPM issue since this has been added on to that for a long time . I just don't feel like replacing my fancy fuse box again even used it was $250 .

Paint matched the smittybilt bumper to my truck . I used2k build primer after prepping with 180 grit sand scratching the wrinkle coat paint they use factory . I probably would have been better served using a layer of moderate filler since the wrinkle cost smittybilt uses hides a lot of their metal work imperfections 3 layers of build primer covered most of this but filler would have been 100% I had only intended to use the 2k hold primer to flatten out the wrinkle coat after prep so it wouldn't have a wrinkle texture. Then I forgot to use a sealer coat over the build primer so it took 5 cans of pb5 at $30 a can to cover the bumper...lol... I have 20 cans of 2k clear sitting one can over the build primer would have cut the color coat down to about half as much paint . Now I need a lift and a wider stance to offset the size of this bumper. Keeping the itty bitty 35s just need a lift and new control arms so I can widen the track width up front without rubbing.

Back