• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FS: 95 5 speed XJ Country

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
I bought this to fix up and build up as a Uwharrie mild wheeling rig. It ran great when I got and only had a blown up tcase and some rusty floor pans. It now has a knock above 1500 rpm and low oil pressure. It also has an electric draw. I've narrowed it down to being the fuse that controls the overhead lights and locks and all the stuff that needs to be on when off. It will need the floor pans replaced and either rod bearings or a different motor. The master and slave will act funny some times but they do work. Transmission shifts smooth. I'm asking $1250 OBO. I'm going to continue to look for the electric draw and eventually address the oil pressure and knock as time permits. However right now time is not something I have a lot of so I thought I'd offer up here and see if anyone is interested in one of the last years of the OBD1 5 speed xj's. Pictures:

Did I mention the wood grain interior!

Ugh, can I get the door skins and possibly seats (depending on condition)?

Ugh, can I get the door skins and possibly seats (depending on condition)?

SuperB pm'd me and I sent him my number. Maybe he will buy it and sell you what you need.

That's fine. I have a MJ that needs new insides. I found a nice Country wood grain dash but the door skins were already pulled. All I can do is hope.

That's fine. I have a MJ that needs new insides. I found a nice Country wood grain dash but the door skins were already pulled. All I can do is hope.

I actually have all the wood pieces from a 96 I parted years ago. Still sitting in my trailer around back. I don't think the door skins survived the wreck though.

I need a drivers side skin that's not black. Not in OE color but as in, not crusty with PO filth. I got a good deal on a 89 MJ but its nasty. I'm replacing everything inside slowly.

Pending a possible career change, I am going to hold off on my 5sp conversion...sell away

Catch22:
My trail beater is a '96 Country. Door panels are tan and in good condition. If I end up buying this from Glenn we can get together on my door panels if you're interested in that color

Need grey unfortunately. Thanks for the offer though.

Glenn, just go ahead and sell this thing to me cheap so I can part it out to the masses. :)

6ADLV4r.gif

Cash talks.

If it was closer I would have already bought it probably. I have a MJ that needs that drive-line and interior.

Back