• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Its day ___ and i already broke ____

jeepgeek2002

NAXJA Forum User
So for those that got there on Wednesday..
The working folk or those not going need to see pictures of whatcha broke, banged up, tore up, shredded, sliced............

Mark:gag:

So for those that got there on Wednesday..
The working folk or those not going need to see pictures of whatcha broke, banged up, tore up, shredded, sliced............

Mark:gag:
Hay MArk..I was just about to post this:
"I broke it at the Crawl-Post up!":cheers:

Just got here this evening... and this page needs to be updated!
By:
Tim
Doug
Mark
and a few others I'm sure...

Today I broke a TNT upper CA and got it fixed on the trail (thanks everyone that had a hand in that) then a few hundred yard after moving I killed the flex joint in the same upper. Oh and lots of new body curves.

Wednesday, on the way up, small carpet fire.
Thursday, broken track bar.
Friday, ripped apart the right rear parking brake.
Saturday, bent tie rod.
Sunday, probably happen Saturday, but found a leaking rear differential.

Tim, Doug, Glenn, and Mark do need to post up too:thumbup:

Thursday, primary electric fan crapped out...
Friday, sprung a front diff leak...

Tore my soft top, dented the fender, some body damage....
Then later that night i ended up being tossed around which led to crying in my tent and hugging my dog to the fire works.. man! what a night! drove back sunday with the feeling of a hang over with out any alcohol..
Lets NOT do this again next year... lol

mark

lots of body damage
passenger mirror
toasted the trackbar bushing
tore off a shackle hanger, killed the shackle.
made a shock look like an "L"
bent/twisted my rear driveshaft
passenger D30 axleshaft is spitting a cap
Header Panel
both front markers/fenders
bent the snot out of the JCR bumper up front
bent my winch solenoid box :dunno:
Damaged my passenger side LCA frame mount, I guess even MJ LCA mounts are vulnerable to me.

and I did it all in one spot.

edit: and I tore a hole in my downpipe and ripped off the exhaust from the trans X-member back.

I only had a small issue of my D30 ring gear going to the dentist and having a few teeth pulled. It's only missing about 5, but apparently that's enough to make it quit pulling. :gee:

I also got a dent in the rear quarter panel but it kinda balances the other side out so it looks factory now. ;)

I only had a small issue of my D30 ring gear going to the dentist and having a few teeth pulled. It's only missing about 5, but apparently that's enough to make it quit pulling. :gee:

I also got a dent in the rear quarter panel but it kinda balances the other side out so it looks factory now. ;)

You weren't that hard on it. Not sure why it chewed the teeth off. Ah well, it made it home. Did your alternator stay working on the way home?

lots of body damage
passenger mirror
toasted the trackbar bushing
tore off a shackle hanger, killed the shackle.
made a shock look like an "L"
bent/twisted my rear driveshaft
passenger D30 axleshaft is spitting a cap
Header Panel
both front markers/fenders
bent the snot out of the JCR bumper up front
bent my winch solenoid box :dunno:
Damaged my passenger side LCA frame mount, I guess even MJ LCA mounts are vulnerable to me.

and I did it all in one spot.

edit: and I tore a hole in my downpipe and ripped off the exhaust from the trans X-member back.

why did i get the carnage award?

lets see...
-disintegrated hatch
-both tail-lights
-1310 driveshaft joint
-fouled a complete set of spark plugs
- custom bodywork on the rear quarters
- spit a 760 cap
-broke a 760 and tore the ear clean off a yukon inner

i think thats it.... so far

r

cause you do it with flair.

I think the spark plugs sealed the deal for you.

and they nominated you first, so I kept my mouth shut.

I am pretty amazed that a stock D30 with a lockright took that kind of abuse and lived pretty well. The u-joint just started squeaking on the way back to camp Saturday.

In his defense, most of that can't be verified that it was done at the crawl.

It was probably mostly broken before we started. When your junk looks like Nate's, nobody pays attention to a little body damage.

The only thing I've found is the bent wheel on the trail. My steering rod ends are squeekers, I think a new slightly upgraded set will fix it, but it's not a necessity.

I did bypass lion's den and grapevine, but just to save the body. Everything else was a walk.

Doug needs beadlocks and low air pressure, then the shaft breakage will stop.

Doug needs beadlocks and low air pressure, then the shaft breakage will stop.

Lower air pressure??? He runs 5 PSI in them lol. Beadlocks would only keep him from blowing a bead, which he didn't do anyway, so that wouldn't help. He needs a traction bar for the rear to prevent the axle wrap and driveshaft joint failures, and a set of Alloy shafts with bobby long joints, or RCVs would fix the front's issue.

Lower air pressure??? He runs 5 PSI in them lol. Beadlocks would only keep him from blowing a bead, which he didn't do anyway, so that wouldn't help. He needs a traction bar for the rear to prevent the axle wrap and driveshaft joint failures, and a set of Alloy shafts with bobby long joints, or RCVs would fix the front's issue.

If that's 5 PSI, he needs a new gauge. I've got plenty of video that shows the tires with no grab. Maybe it's how stiff the tires are, I don't know.

I do know this: Beadlocks are exactly for not blowing a bead, which would let him run whatever pressure he needs to hook those tires and crawl over things instead of running the engine at 6000 rpm driving by braille.

You're a pretty good fabricator and an ok mechanic. But until you stop cutting trees down to make trails easier, I'll take driving tips from someone else, thanks.

i m still waiting to hear about High2by's ring gear detoothing.. Where? why? When? How? maybe some pictures..

Back