• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

smaller truck run?

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
ok couldn't get the 33's in time so i'll be a 5 inches with 31's locked in the front, is there anyone who wants to run a smaller truck run or will i be following and parking at the big stuff like we did with woody last year?

I'm in. I only have a 3.5" lift w/ 31s. Locked front & rear (hopefully by the crawl). My bro-in-law has a 4.5" w/ 32s locked F/R. I want to ride as much as possible but also check out the bigger trucks on the more difficult sections. We are driving there & back so I can't thrash out my ride.

We will be there LATE thurs. night or possibly early fri. morning. Have a small cabin @ Crawfords reserved.

Oh yeah, I replied to your wanted ad. I can deliver tires to you @ the crawl.

Brad.

thanks for the reply but they are goin on a daily driver so i'm steering clear of interco. glad some smaller trucks are comin, youl recognize me ill be in the white 98 with the baja claws. we can run some of the smaller trails and then do what we did last year and follow the big guys to slickrock and gaurdrail and that stuff

Got any pics. of your rig handy? I'm trying to round up as much stuff by next week as possible. So far I've got Lock-right in rear, Posi-Lok in front w/ welded spiders (Rusty's has 'em on sale) & just bought some sliders from a girl in the For-Sale section. Last time I was at tellico I was in my highly modified Samurai. I need to know what to do to get my grocery getter through the trails without very much carnage.

Thanx,
Brad.

If you want anythign from Rusty's and want to save shipping I can bring it to the crawl...

but mainly you need rocker protection

Bradzuki said:
Got any pics. of your rig handy? I'm trying to round up as much stuff by next week as possible. So far I've got Lock-right in rear, Posi-Lok in front w/ welded spiders (Rusty's has 'em on sale) & just bought some sliders from a girl in the For-Sale section. Last time I was at tellico I was in my highly modified Samurai. I need to know what to do to get my grocery getter through the trails without very much carnage.

Thanx,
Brad.

yeah rocker protection is good if your gonna try big stuff, i just hope my sliders come in soon if not i'l be drivin really easy

heres my rig, she my be short but i've run some of the extreme trails at windrock, including 15, and i'd be willing to give my driving skills another test at tellico, this time with the added locker
DSC09056.jpg

DSC08914.jpg

Kudzu said:
If you want anythign from Rusty's and want to save shipping I can bring it to the crawl...

but mainly you need rocker protection

Thanx mucho, but I don't want to be installing a locker & the Posi-Lok at the campground before I go wheeling. It's only $18 shipping for 2 lockers & the Posi-Lok & I'll have 'em Friday or Monday. I gotta get on the ball. Got to drop the transmission, replace the flex-plate. Build bumpers front & rear, install sliders, rear locker, weld front & install Posi-Lok then help bro-in-law with his rear locker & front bumper. Can't wait till the weekend!!!

Brad.

A friend of mine that did most of the fab on my 44 may be there Thursday night or Friday morning. He is on 32's and its his DD, so there will be some smaller stuff going on.

allthingsoffroad said:
we're bringing josh's with 5" 32s and a welded rear
DSCN23944.JPG

pshhh.... i'll outrun that POS on 31's, you know the old saying "don't follow me you wont make it" :D hope that winch works

allthingsoffroad said:
ok what ever you say and there 32s... but we ran 15 16 2 and 39 in the rain and had no problems but its not a competition

its not a competition, i just don't wanna have to wait up when that thing dies

shortxjdoug said:
its not a competition, i just don't wanna have to wait up when that thing dies
why would it die? i dont think you inderstand its got more new parts then you jeep josh has replaced just about everything i think its the boy scout in him... he said i put like 40 hours or so in it last week... but idk

Just because he has replaced just about everything doesn't mean it's going to work well. Just look at yours for example. Look at how many thousands of dollars do you have into yours now and you could only dream at best to do what my homefab, stock axle running Jeep can do.

rredalty said:
Just because he has replaced just about everything doesn't mean it's going to work well. Just look at yours for example. Look at how many thousands of dollars do you have into yours now and you could only dream at best to do what my homefab, stock axle running Jeep can do.

hahahaha so true so true

Back