• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 MJ, stroker, long arms, 35"s $6500 OBO

rredalty

NAXJA Forum User
Life has been taking me different directions for a while and taking more and more time from wheeling and being able to enjoy the Jeep for what it is. Need to sell and move on. Still got Tiffs to wheel when the time is there but that isn't too often right now and it looks to get worse. I would hate to see this thing sit in the yard and rot.

1988 Jeep Comanche Pioneer model.

-4.6 stroker with maybe 4K mi. Renix block, 94 head portmatched, 99+ intake manifold. Oil changed regularly using Mobil 1 syn.
Still running on Renix system. Motor runs beautifully and pulls like crazy.
-Borla header
-Rustys intake
-62mm Throttle body
-24lb injectors
-Flowmaster 40 series muffler
-M.O.R.E. motor mounts

- AW4 swappen in using all factory wireing. Fresh filter and fluid change. Shifts smooth. BIG tranny cooler.

-NP231 Crown SYE, big chain and sprokets.

-35x12.5x15 Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar, Bought new 4 months ago.
-15x8 soft 8's

-D30 front axle
-trussed and gusseted knuckles
-4.88's
-Aussie locker
-297 shafts with new 760 joints
-Superior tube seals
-Rugged Ridge HD steering with sapre tie rod and BDS stabilizer
-RE swaybar disconnects
-Solid diff cover
-2 sets of 260 joint spare shafts

-Ford 8.8 rear
-4.88's
-Lockrite locker
-Rockstomper diff cover

-Rock Krawler front long arms
-Rubicon Express HD trac bar, bracket and brace
-Rubicon Express 4.5" coils with 1.5" poly spacer
-Rubicon Express stainless braided front brake lines
-Rancho RS9000 front shocks
-Rear SOA with new Rough Country white shocks
-Dual duaphram brake booster and new master cylinder
-HD rear traction bar

-York 210 OBA system
-PSC steering pump and reservoir
-Derale steering cooler
-Hella E-Code housings with HID's
-Rugged Ridge 7" HID's mounted on front bumper
-MFX front bumper with recessed winch mount
-Warn M8000 winch
-Masterpull 3/8" x 100' rope
-Stainless hood vents
-Appalachain Armor t-case skid
-Bed bobbed 8"
-1.5"x4" rocker replacement and 1/4" boatsides from frame rails to rockers
-1.5"x.134" cage using 8 mounting points(6 points in cab) all directly linked to the frame.
-Recovered factory MJ buckets using alligator inserts.
-New RCI 4 point 3" latch harnesses mounted to cage
-Optima Red Top battery
-All b+ and gnd cables raplaced using 2ga wire and brass terminals.

There is more I have forgotten but this will do for now. This Jeep will flat out get it. I have been surprised how well it has performed at everything I have asked it to do. This is a true multi-purpose rig if you are looking for something to daily drive or keep on the trailer. It will run 85+ down the interstate all day and never touch 211 degrees.

I am not interested in parting out and I'm not looking for any trades. Located in Knoxville, TN and I can deliver for cost of fuel. Asking $6500 and I'm pretty firm on that. I do have a clean title for this Jeep and for thise interested, Tiff has made this decision with me, she is NOT included in sale.

l_eed5c4cd95274a2da505d011778916f3.jpg

l_2a01786eb21b4b7fb5357e32ebcbf9e8.jpg

l_60e99dd63626469780676ea26aef4156.jpg

l_1779e37c427c4370a4eeba19f7c8ccf6.jpg

Dude, that sucks you are selling it, but you gotta do what you gotta do. It sure as heck sounds bad ass, and from I saw it holds its on on the trail.

Good luck with the sale!

~James

seriously....

all that work matt...its a bad a$$ mj now, hate that you lookin to sell it

Last edited by a moderator:
does it come with doors? do they match the rest of the truck? what doesn't work?
is the transmission shifter on the column, or the floor? it looks like a kick ass truck for a kick ass price! i have a slightly used testicle i'd trade... sorry, no money!

You're a freakin moron if you sell this. Sell that other crap in your yard and get out and ride! What possibly would you need money for? Either your mom is kicking your tail out or you owe Matco more than anyone else!?:looser:

You're a freakin moron if you sell this. Sell that other crap in your yard and get out and ride! What possibly would you need money for? Either your mom is kicking your tail out or you owe Matco more than anyone else!?:looser:

X FREAKIN 2!!

I think you guys don't know his situation and should give him a break. PM me Matt if you need the thread cleaned. If I have the cash I'd buy in a heartbeat.

It sure as heck sounds bad ass, and from I saw it holds its on on the trail.
~James

trust me it is insane. i rode along for a bit at golden mtn...the acceleration is unbelievable. it handles and rides extremely smooth. and once you ride in it you wont be able to remove the sh1t eating grin....

:bawl:sorry u are selling it matt...

so apparently, i haven't seen the video... that was sick!!!
i guess i was too busy taking pics to get the full enjoyment...

Back