• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mammoth Gulch 09-25-10

Skully

NAXJA Forum User
Nothing fancy, last minute spontaneous and impulsive; "I do not want to be stuck in town today, it is too nice up there."

I figured I would make it a family run and get the wife some little drive time off road.

I choose Mammoth gulch only cause it is rated a 2-3 and in the area is usually pretty nice about this time of the year with fall.

The trail was pretty easy, some fun spots for my wife and her Commander to play through and get the feel for off pavement driving. The plan is when she can afford it a little lift some 32's, armor............. Wish I had the money for the 4" Superlift and 33's

At least this trail was a lot better than "Oh My God" road. :D

Very pretty up there including my wife adding to it.......use to be an old reservoir that they determine unsafe and removed.

All my pics are here.

MammothGulch09-25-102.jpg

MammothGulch09-25-105.jpg

MammothGulch09-25-1018.jpg

MammothGulch09-25-1049.jpg

MammothGulch09-25-1083.jpg

MammothGulch09-25-1023.jpg

MammothGulch09-25-1033.jpg

MammothGulch09-25-10153.jpg

MammothGulch09-25-1077.jpg

MammothGulch09-25-1054.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet pics, it was a beautiful day to be on the trail, and the leaves were awesome!

Definitely a nice day, but as Hypoid mentioned in his post the changing of the colors this year is weird. With all the dry weather up there and the beetle killed pines, it was kinda spotty. A lot of bow hunters up there getting their time in before the full season hits.

You definitely have to find the right area.

Back