• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm a DAD!!!

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Well, Cody Robert Sutherland finally decided to get his tiny butt out here and hang out with us. He was born Thursday at 4:15, weighs 8lbs 6oz and is 21 inches long. He is freaking meeeeeellllllloooooowwwwwww. When they gave him his first shot he didnt even wince. He doesnt mind baths, getting changed, and he laughed at the lady when she circumsized him. He has a FULL head of dark black hair, and is a handsome devil.He's so hardcore. He's like his mom. She was just insane during delivery. Not even a peep while she was pushing. Just silent, and all through contractions too. I'm actually a little afraid of her now. It only took her 4 actual pushes to get him out. She says the worst part of it all was when she had to get a pain killer shot the night before to help her sleep. Dang, Im a sissy.....
Lets see, other things I learned- epidurals rule. The lady next door didnt want drugs and she sounded like they were beating a sea lion with a sledge hammer. Meanwhile, Katie was putting on makeup and cracking jokes with her friends. So, being a dad is crazy, Cody slept 9 hours last night. It was awesome. He will be coming home tomorrow, and I will post up pics then.
So, I am a dad. Wow. Thats nuts to say, but by far the best thing I have ever made....pics to come.....
josh

even better than your jeep? jk congratulations

Congrats! I have 3 boys (17, 10, and 7).... it is the greatest thing IMHO. :)

congrats i'm a dad too i have a 19 month old little girl its a blast

best of luck tou you and your family

Congrats! Your life will change forever! (DUUH!) :laugh3:
Mine are now 18 and 16, but I still remember the day both were born.
Best wishes to Cody and the Mrs.

Congrats! I've got a two year old boy and another boy on the way :) Fatherhood is a lot of fun!

I have a 5 month old girl right now, it changes you and your entire life more than you could imagine. But generally in a good way. Congrats! My wife started out with no epidural and after a couple contractions she was begging for it. As soon as it hit nothing phased her...:D

This is the most fun journey that you EVER go on, I have 2 girls 4yo and 10yo, and I love every moment I get to spend with them. Congratulations

way to go...I got 2 a 2yr old boy and a 6 month old girl. There isn't anything that happens to me that their smile when I walk in the door wont cure.

Except for the lack of sleep...but you get used to deprivation.

Children totally change your life. Congrats buddy, I hope its everything it could be. My son is already working on my jeep with me and he's only 11. I couldn't ask for much more....

Congrats and best of health and all to everyone BUT I must be the old fart around here! Have one daughter and three grand kids. Now grand kids are a real hoot to have around!!

Jim

I just found out yesterday I will be a dad. excited as all hell, but the little lady has changed her mind on gettin a tj, and doesnt want an xj because she doesnt want her dd to be broken. she wants to trade her miata for a BMW now...god help me.

but on the plus side she laughs at the ppl around here who use 6 inches of lift blocks, and who have 44 inch tires on a 10 bolt, and she knows why she is laughing. the kid is bound to be an off-roader/jeeper

goodburbon said:
I just found out yesterday I will be a dad. excited as all hell, but the little lady has changed her mind on gettin a tj, and doesnt want an xj because she doesnt want her dd to be broken. she wants to trade her miata for a BMW now...god help me.

but on the plus side she laughs at the ppl around here who use 6 inches of lift blocks, and who have 44 inch tires on a 10 bolt, and she knows why she is laughing. the kid is bound to be an off-roader/jeeper
hey congratulations. guess we might not see you again for a while

Congrats. It is a wonderful feeling. The time flies now, my baby is a senior in HS and it seems like only days ago I was bringing her home from the hospital.

Back