• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Early bronco 44 swap

Gold Cobra

NAXJA Forum User
anyone on here done it? how did you go about it? run radius arms or convert it for factory style control arms I'm debating on buying it any info would be great.

no it cant be done send it to me imediatly for proper disposal as they are very dangerous and i am the only one qualified to take it or it will blow up:flame:

WAIT... is it a 30 or 44 you better check cause it may not be worth it

The D-44 model has ball joints, while the D-30 uses kingpin styleknuckels. I am getting ready to swing pretty much the complete drivretrain from an E/B under my MJ (Ford 9" rear, D-44, 4.10 gears allready installed by factory, NP435, D-20 (with the lower gears in it)). I am going to be using a '93 Mustang Cobra 5.0 under the hood also. So, I would say, yeah, it is a good upgrade. Just remember that the axles are a little narrower than the XJ, and either run adapter/spacers to get the wheel pattern right, or just get wheels with the correct off-set.

Last edited:
Back