NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > South East Chapter > SEC For Sale / Wanted Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SEC For Sale / Wanted Forum This forum is for SE Chapter members to buy and sell XJ parts.

Old October 24th, 2009, 11:13
NAXJA Forum User

Re: the Jeep is still for sale

alright, well, honestly, what am i looking at here in order to get her on the road? you say it comes with the lift, and a set of "roller" tires? and it needs bumpers and tail lights? does it need the whole tail light assy, or just bulbs? wired or not? please just let me know what i am dealing with. i may be taking my XJ with me, so i would have all MY parts at my disposal... i could make the best of the two... are there anymore available parts or pieces you are willing to sell with it? Tires are my main concern, if i leave my XJ behind, i can send most of my parts with my household goods, but the wheels and tires are a problem. really, i just need to be able to get this thing driveable FAST, once i get there. that is the question. let me know, if this is possible, i can send half nex week, and half the following payday. i can also start selling parts if you have stuff you are interested in getting rid of. i would also, maybe send some stuff for you to throw in the back of it, so when i get there i can do an install blast, and get it done... let me know what you think. also i would love to know about the overall condition...(i.e.) rust, mileage, etc. well thats enough for now, lets try to get this done!

thanks a ton.
-chuck
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:20
UH-60L Jeep Chick

as i said it has "roller tires" they hold air but they would not meet safety requirements, as i had traded my wheels and tires off the jeep for wheels for my truck. it has the turbine wheels (the 30 spoke ones that look like the front of a jet engine) they are pretty well bald. the lift is fairly new. the jeep doesnt have a whole lot of rust issues as as far as i know, it was in the PNW for a long time (i.e. body rot) the only extra parts i have to go with it is a 231 transfer case, as the 242 thats in it doesnt like to go in and out of 4x4. the whole brakelight assy is gone, but the wiring is still there. i used to have steel tail light boxes which i sold. the d30 has an aussie in it, but i have yet to see how well it works, as i traded my built axles for it and the d35 thats in the rear. i went thru the engine my last deployment, and it had a whole tuneup, so the engine and tranny are fine, just 205k on the ticker. the windows will go up and down, but the motors are about shot, and the windshield has one crack on the passenger side that emerged when i trailered it across the US. right now its still on jackstands, as the weekend we had planned to put the axles back under it my fiance and i got in a car wreck and totalled my truck. it has no bumpers because i had JCR bumpers on it which i sold. other than the radio draining the battery if you dont start it frequently, and my non willingness to figure out why it wont start (it will crank), which i think is either a dirty CPS, or the magnets, it ran great and had no issues. its also got a new thermostat, all new heater hoses, and a new radiator, so even on hot days it would not get above 210. if you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.
Old October 25th, 2009, 11:47
NAXJA Forum User

do you still have the rock rails for sale? what about the jeep?
Old October 25th, 2009, 18:27
UH-60L Jeep Chick

jeep is still for sale, rock rails are pending
Old November 1st, 2009, 17:03
NAXJA Forum User

Can you post pix of exactly whats left? How much for whats left of the jeep and whats left of the jeep? You say it cranks but doesn't start? Is that roof rack in the pic still on it? What in the pix is on it? I need to talk to a buddy who is looking for an XJ but we would be able to pick it up this weekend if he wants it
Old November 1st, 2009, 18:22
NAXJA Forum User

Kris get me some pictures of whats left and a price (whats your bottom since I will be coming from MO just for it) asap so I can send them to the guy here. He is highly interested just wants to see whats needed.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 17:21
UH-60L Jeep Chick

like i said. no bumpers, no brakelights, no rock rails or roof rack. 400 bucks is the lowest i will go.
Old November 2nd, 2009, 17:29
NAXJA Forum User

did u sell the rails and have u gotten the jeep back in ga or is it still in tenn.?
Old November 2nd, 2009, 17:31
UH-60L Jeep Chick

yes
Old November 2nd, 2009, 21:51
NAXJA Forum User

yes for everything ? is it with you or in tenn?
Old November 3rd, 2009, 05:46
UH-60L Jeep Chick

the jeep is still in TN.
Old November 3rd, 2009, 19:27
NAXJA Forum User

alright well I talked to the guy here that wanted it but he's not interested with no rock rails or roof rack best of luck
Old November 3rd, 2009, 19:40
PostMaster General

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96xjeeper View Post
alright well I talked to the guy here that wanted it but he's not interested with no rock rails or roof rack best of luck
You want all that for that price? Wow... how about also asking for built axles, bumpers, winch, exo cage, suspension seats and a bitchin sound system to be all included at that same price.......
Old November 4th, 2009, 02:01
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96xjeeper View Post
All that stuff is long gone... Looks good on my jeep. Still need to paint the rear bumper though. Thanks again Kris!!!

Old November 4th, 2009, 04:28
NAXJA Forum User

Not me I got all that on my jeep to include built axles, this was a buyer.