• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scale crawling video

TerryDean said:
I want one!!!! Does anybody have any info on these things?
there are a few websited dedicated to them. All of them are scratch built though.

PM Big Bear on here. He owns a hobby shop and has built a few of them. He might be able to tell you more.

Cool vid. I like the scene where the three are coming up the "creek bed".

What scale are these built to?

they are 1:10th scale.........the comp class is the 2.2 class with is max wheelbase of 12.5 max track of 12.5 and no wheel larger than 2.2" dia.
and front steering only.

Ive built about 10 now for people. the cost with a 2 channel radio is between 300 and up...............

the white ford is mine it has a speed control that I can plug into a laptop and program for different conditions.........that truck as it sits cost me around 500.00 with radio.

There are comp series' all over the country and you have to finish in the top 3 to qualify for a trip to the nationals.

Nitro is great for high speed stuff,, but it cant go where the crawlers go. impossible

I have to of the nitro fueled ones, an older 1.5 Traxxas Nitro Rustler with a bunch of stuff done to it, and a Traxxas T-Maxx that supposedly has a blown engine, but I doubt that. They both just sit in my basement currently and I need to get rid of them.

xjnation do you have any other videos or pics of yours that thing is awesome. and where do you get the suff to build one and what kind is it?

Last edited:
here is my revo. I just play now, but back in the day I raced electic offroad rc cars and had allways ran a cherokee body (color scheme is almost identical to the XJ we have now) mcallister racing still sells them, they just dont have them advertised on their site. Just email them and they will send you one for 12 bucks.
c20c181d.jpg

Im trying to find my old racing bodies, the cherokees look really good.

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

this is the chassis I designed and currently run.............

this rig uses:

Tlt-1 rockbuster axles
RPM RC10 stealth tranny conversion
RC10 stealth tranny
custom made 4 links
Team losi xxT rear shock at all 4 corners
proline Moab tires
custom made chassis
lathe 55 turn motor
Mamba maxx speed controler
JR R1 spektrum radio and receiver
custom built 2/3A 7 cell battery packs