• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Fbody. 1999 Catfish camaro

Elguapo

NAXJA Forum User
This guy posted the car a couple of months ago and I actually know the car from the previous owners who built it. I gave the guy a low ball offer and he finally accepted my offer.
99 Camaro z28 with the ss hood and wing. The car is in impeccable condition inside and is very tight especially for a t-tops car.

Specs.
Stock rear end and bottom end.
Powerglide with a manual valve body and 3200 stall and transbreak.
Single turbo intercooled set up from Huron speed.
120lb injectors and twin 450lph fuel pumps for the corn fuel.
Tuned in hptuners and the car is very well mannered until floor it. There really isn't any traction in first gear on low boost, and the boost lag it minimal(turbo v8s are awesome)
Pac 1218 valves, ls6 intake manifold, ls9 head gaskets, and flipped truck manifolds.
Car put down 786hp on a non load bearing (generous) dyno. This set up is good for low 10s or high 9s at our elevation, but who knows for how long on a stock block and booty. I'll continue to run the low boost since it's a ton of fun on the streets.

Big thank you to Flores for helping me with some wiring help. The radiator fans stopped working and he car overheated on me in a drive through(damn scary moment in a highly modified car in your first weekend of ownership)

The car has a single stage paint job but I'm getting it to shine. The paint has not been taken care of.

Before and after on the same spot. You can see the water spots and deep scratches being removed. Also the clarity in the paint now shows proper reflection.

Last edited:
I wondered why you called it a "Catfish" until I saw this picture. Does this mean you have to grow a Fu-Manchu instead of a Mullet? :firedevil

Seriously though, NICE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you guys.
I hope to hold on to this one for a long time. She looks awesome next to the ws6 and parts interchangeability is pretty cool

Back