• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinkning about driving to NC to get a M332 Cargo / Ammo Trailer

Plays For Jeeps said:
http://www.whiteowl.com/trailers.html

$300.00!!!

What do you guys think?

Go for it. Bring some magnetic lights for signaling/brake lights. You are not all that far, easy drive. Bring the proper hitch too. ;) Talks the guys out of a spare or two while you are there.

I would love to get one of those and paint it the same color as my jeep. Good for camping gear...

its a good road trip at about 9hrs each way,
Id do it!

You'd be about an hour (if that) from the beaches too....why not go hit up the beach while you're down here :)

Plays For Jeeps said:
^They say the trailers only come with a bill of sale, I can get it titled and run it on the roads right?

Usually with ex-mil stuff, yes. Not common to have a title for military gear. But contact your DMV or whatever you call it there.... AND the State Police (I KNOW ya'all have those damned critters). See what hoops they wanna make ya jump thru to get the numbers checked and a title issued. But for $300, it should be worth it.

spcustoms, Road trip together? Or. I could pick up two for about $300.00 lol

Ill be calling the DMV tomorrow. I can make this a 3 day trip with the GF. We can drive down, get the trailer, camp at the beach, and drive back. Now Im excited. I could use it for my Motorcycle too.

If my XJ didnt come with a tow package how can I wire to to hook up a trailer?

Is there a plug tucked up under the body somewhere?

Last edited:
spcustoms said:
I would go! have family down there... But i dont have a hitch yet...

I have work monday nights till 9pm and then on thursday at 5pm. I could leave monday night. Drive all night to Kinston NC, buy the trailer in the am when they open, hit the beach for the day and drive back that night.

Wanna do it?

Be advised that is a heavy pig, it's not the 1/4 ton trailers (M416, M100, etc).

Cargo capacity is 3000 lbs, it has air brakes, and the dry weight is 2800 lbs., designed to be pulled by a 2.5 ton or 5 ton truck.

If you have $400 extra I'd get the M101CDN. Those are good trailers (basically a slightly different take on the M416)

Also the M101A2 there is also a big boy.

1/4 ton trailers are cool ;)
DSC05463.jpg

GSequoia said:
Be advised that is a heavy pig, it's not the 1/4 ton trailers (M416, M100, etc).
I just guessed he had an M992 FAASV to tow it. :scared:

GSequoia said:

Cargo capacity is 3000 lbs, it has air brakes, and the dry weight is 2800 lbs., designed to be pulled by a 2.5 ton or 5 ton truck.

If you have $400 extra I'd get the M101CDN. Those are good trailers (basically a slightly different take on the M416)

Also the M101A2 there is also a big boy.

1/4 ton trailers are cool ;)

I was thinking about that because I don't really know how I feel about hauling my motorcycle in such a tiny trailer.

If I can write it off for a work expense Ill be getting one for sure.

Thanks.

GSequoia said:
Don't we all? It really keeps people from messing with me in traffic too! :laugh3:

Absolutely. Anything less.... well, ya might as well drive a Mini in L.A. :smootch:

Plays For Jeeps said:
I was thinking about that because I don't really know how I feel about hauling my motorcycle in such a tiny trailer.

If I can write it off for a work expense Ill be getting one for sure.

Thanks.

If you want a motorcycle hauler that can double as a Jeep trailer I'd get an M416. The beds on 416's are bolted to the frame (M100's are welded and as far as I know so are M101CDN's but I don't know that fore sure). I plan to make a flatbed I can bolt in the place of the tub for motorcycle duty in time.

That way you can simply unbolt the tub, put flatbed on, and tow your bikes around... When it's time to go for longer distance wheelin' put the tub on. Perfect solution!

Back