NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old March 8th, 2009, 11:41
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Ebay headers

Well, I do short city trips and also make long trips out to wheeling spots. But I also have new poly motor mounts.

I think any case of apn cracks on this board can be attributed to header wrap which is a no-no.
Old March 8th, 2009, 18:20
NAXJA Forum User

if your mounts are bad enough any header will crack....my stock header only cracked due to a freeze plug that got a pinhole and the PO kept driving it.. the water sprayed out on the header cooling it off and it split at the collector. APN headers had a horrible reputation of cacking when they first came out..whether it was due to there low cost/craftsmanship or the fact that the vehicles where trail rigs. Who knows?? but all i can say is i would be SHOCKED if the above pictured header from ebay cracked on me.....I think i could lift my motor out with it!!!
Old March 8th, 2009, 20:34
NAXJA Forum User

Headers with the flex tubing are outstanding. Best $89 I ever spent. The ones I bought were from a store with the word auto in it, I don't remember exactly what it was. I'm thinking autopartswarehouse but i'm not sure. Good luck!

EDIT:: These are what I got. Wish the price was that low when I got them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95...ht_1731wt_1096
Old March 8th, 2009, 22:24
NAXJA Forum User

No Renix version?
Old March 10th, 2009, 14:03
NAXJA Forum User

What is the use of the bellows? I guess I am just an idiot and if everything is bolted on it won't move will it? It is bolted to the head in more than one place and if it is flexing there you have other major issues!!!!
Old March 10th, 2009, 14:55
NAXJA Forum User

I like the chinese price, but I like my American quality.

I could go into politics, but it sucks that companies are taxed and regulated amongst other factors making it more expensive to run a business in the USA, and go overseas, leaving Americans unemployed.
Old March 10th, 2009, 17:15
NAXJA Forum User

I have the one with the bellows from ebay. 2 yrs and no problems. My opinion is all the ones with the bellows are made in the same Chnese factory. I bought mine for like 50 on ebay, and it was the exact one as the Motormite brand that Advance auto sells for 150-200.
This is the one I got also http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95...ht_1731wt_1096