NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > South East Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

South East Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old July 20th, 2015, 13:58
Twisted Up

Exclamation Don "Woody" Woodward

For those who are not aware, the SEC and as a whole lost a long standing member over the weekend. Don "Woody" Woodward passed away suddenly on Friday night at his home. Don served as both President and MEMBERSHIP during his time here, and brought a wealth of knowledge and advice to this club. I never had the opportunity to meet him in person, but I have heard many stories over the years from those who did and knew him well, and they were all good.

Don's family has set up a paypal account for help with the sudden expenses they are now facing. If you are interested, you can paypal donations to Mandylou24@excite.com. Remember there are no fees with friends and family donations via paypal.

His memorial service will be held Tuesday (7/21/15) at 7:00pm at Lighthouse Assembly of God: 8361 NC-24, Carthage, NC 28327.

Don's Obituary: http://wral.tributes.com/obituary/sh...ward-102678253

More information: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1121885

Rest in peace Don, and thank you for all that you did for .
-'17 Ruby Red F150 Lariat. Tow rig and occasional DD
Old July 20th, 2015, 14:29
Member Number 257

Re: Don "Woody" Woodward

I've known Don sense this chapter started and rode with him on my very first Tellico Crawl. We meet up at URE many times for a day ride. The man could drive any jeep up any trail. He was a great guy and did a lot for the club over the years. I plan to attend the memorial service to pay my respects to him and his family.

R.I.P. Sir: