• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TB brace and Steering gear brace

xjjeepthing

NAXJA Forum User
I may be purchasing a Rubicon Express RE1660,HD mount and Rubicon Express RE1670 Trackbar Brace. I already have a Rustys steering box brace. Wondering if thw TB Brace and Steering brace will interfear with each other.
TB
324.jpg

Bracket
2212.jpg

Brace
258.jpg

Steering brace
jbxj75_02.jpg

Last edited:
I may be purchasing a Rubicon Express RE1660,HD mount and Rubicon Express RE1670 Trackbar Brace. I already have a Rustys steering box brace. Wondering if thw TB Brace and Steering brace will interfear with each other.
ms/s44/xjjeepthing/Odds%20and%20Ends/324.jpg[/IMG]
Bracket

The trac-bar brace is mounted several inches rearward of the steering box brace. At one time I had both on my 01 XJ and there was no interference.
The steering brace was replaced with steering reinforcement plates.

No, in fact the last picture u posted already has a track bar brace on it that mounts in the same location as the RE one.

That's his Rusty's steering box brace.
The location of where the the trac-bar brace would be cannot be seen in the photo.

I can see it. Next to his coil spring.

I can see it. Next to his coil spring.
You are right, I missed it.

I'm not sure why the question about clearance was even asked with it so visible that the steering box and trac-bar braces are nowhere near each other.

Back