• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted Renix connectors, engine wiring harness

XJXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing some experiments with the Renix system and it would be much easier if I had some extra connectors. Don't really need the big ECU connectors mainly just the IAC/CPS/TPS/02/knock/coil and stuff under the hood. Paypal okay, good eBay reputation. PM, thank you

Most RENIX harness connectors are regular ol' GM/Delco Weatherpacks, so your local should be able to do those for you. The Knock sensor is a Bosch fuel injector connector, and the IAC is some sort of fairly standard GM thingie that I just haven't looked up yet.

What are you trying to do? Have you gone to groups.yahoo.com/group/RENIXPower yet? It's a group I started for RENIX information and experimentation - I have a compleat system waiting for me to set it up and start playing...

Anyhow, you should be able to find most of those connectors with a minimum of difficulty - the only real ache is likely to be the IAC - but it's out there (I've bought one before, I just don't remember where.)

5-90

5-90 said:
Most RENIX harness connectors are regular ol' GM/Delco Weatherpacks, so your local should be able to do those for you. The Knock sensor is a Bosch fuel injector connector, and the IAC is some sort of fairly standard GM thingie that I just haven't looked up yet.

What are you trying to do? Have you gone to groups.yahoo.com/group/RENIXPower yet? It's a group I started for RENIX information and experimentation - I have a compleat system waiting for me to set it up and start playing...

Anyhow, you should be able to find most of those connectors with a minimum of difficulty - the only real ache is likely to be the IAC - but it's out there (I've bought one before, I just don't remember where.)

5-90

Yeah, I might be up for that yahoo group. I took a look and will see what's in the membership areas.

You'll have to excuse my lack of automotive "lingo" with regard to vehicle electronic hardware but I do have much electronic rework experience. Are you saying that GM/Delco weatherpack conenctors are commonly available from auto parts stores and/or dealers?

Right now I really need just need an IAC connector to complete another bi-polar stepper motor controller. I hate to hack-job the standard IAC and my local junk yard is out of Renix Jeeps. I'm sure there's many vehicles that share the same connector too?

As far as the other engine sensor connections I would like to make some pigtail jumpers so I don't have to keep backprobing meter leads and hacking into the stock replacement design. Mainly DVM/O-scope stuff but I suppose if we ever crack the Renix serial stream DVM would become obsolete?

Thanks

I have a harnes out of a 91 xj don't know whats all there but you can have it for $45 shipped to you I have paypal and on ebay as jersmith go look. thanks

Yeah - the GM Weatherpack connector is pretty common. Another that is used a lot on XJ's is the "Deustch" connector - if you go to MSD's site, you can find pictures of these so you know what you're looking for.

Typically, the Weatherpacks have black shells (sometimes Blue and Red are used to set a connector apart) and have the little grey/green seals around the body and around each wire. They are quite reliable, and I use quite a few of them for my electrical mods.

Deustch Connector

Weatherpack Connectors

Hope this helps. You'll find the weatherpacks under the Help! or Dorman parts section, and all you have to do is match them to whatever you're doing.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you need anymore help!

5-90

Back