• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's, I say what's going on here...

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
As a great philosopher once said:

"Now what's that, I say now what's that boy up to?"

pieces_parts.png

No serious responses, just snarky ones... but you knew that already.

--Matt

Last edited:
As a great philosopher once said:

"Now what's that, I say now what's that boy up to?"

pieces_parts.png

No serious responses, just snarky ones... but you knew that already.

--Matt

Lord I hope you're up to no good!
I like where this is heading though.....

I hope you've got all your bolts numbered for just such an occasion....

WHHHAAATTTTT, holy $h!t you're alive and have alot 'o parts. WOOHOO

Will the elusive Matt make an appearance at NACFEST??

STROKER

I will do some wheeling this year, but unfortunately can't make NACFEST. It's the same weekend as the start of the Newport to Bermuda Race.

Fill those cheap ass motor mounts with urethane casting compound — makes them last and perform not so cheap

Funny enough, I have no idea when the stock style ones I installed around '01 failed, I never noticed any difference. They lasted maybe about 10 years.

I do have a set of poly mounts, maybe cRusty's, that I ran for about 6 months. I had to take them out because bolts were coming loose. If I could retrofit softer bushings my cheap ass would reinstall them.

--Matt

Funny enough, I have no idea when the stock style ones I installed around '01 failed, I never noticed any difference. They lasted maybe about 10 years.

I do have a set of poly mounts, maybe cRusty's, that I ran for about 6 months. I had to take them out because bolts were coming loose. If I could retrofit softer bushings my cheap ass would reinstall them.

--Matt

Buy the urethane mix at McMaster Carr — follow instructions here

https://www.suspension.com/blog/do-it-yourself-liquid-urethane-motor-mount-replacement-inserts/

I used the 40 durometer stuff, the kit has enough liquid to do 2 motor mounts and a trans mount

I noticed no extra vibes, been installed for just over a year — who knows how long they will last or if it’s actually worth the effort

Anyway, just a little info if you’re interested

Buy the urethane mix at McMaster Carr — follow instructions here

https://www.suspension.com/blog/do-it-yourself-liquid-urethane-motor-mount-replacement-inserts/

I used the 40 durometer stuff, the kit has enough liquid to do 2 motor mounts and a trans mount

I noticed no extra vibes, been installed for just over a year — who knows how long they will last or if it’s actually worth the effort

Anyway, just a little info if you’re interested

Jeremy,

I like the option and will check in to it.

I'm pretty sure Rusty's used depleted uranium for the bushings in there mounts.

Now to see if the mounts are where I left them.

--Matt

Back