• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek ?

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
Hey RRC. I need to know if Spring Creek is worth a 2.5 hour drive for a day trip (possibly overnight tent camping)? Is there anything to climb there?
Not interested in mud. I want to let my 14 year old get a little seat time too. TIA blaise

its ok, some sand cliffs(small) to climb.mostly sandy trails, (also some concrete climbs if ur feelin frisky...) nothing to difficult. i travel 1.45 hrs to go spend the day there. also a small creek that my kids love to swim in when its 100 + outside.....

i guess y'all are talking about spring creek in houston? i for sure wouldn't camp there. if it's anything like it was a couple of years ago some crazy bad stuff goes on at night. i haven't been but i heard it's ok.

Yeah they got rid of all the "crazy bad stuff" after one of the owners friends got put in the hospital and his TJ was distroyed... all by high school kids.

Right now its not too muddy out there. Hasn't rained in a while but like I have found out, not all of the ud has beed dried up yet so you have to watch out for some areas.

Yes the WE Rock course is still out there. But also we have found out the some days the police are out there turnning people around. The 2 counties the border the Creek are buying up the land around there to turn it into a hike and bike area. So Spring Creek Offroad will be shutting down soon. Montgomery County already started their part of the park but of course the ATV people already started trearing that up and trashing it just like they do out at the Creek. Beer cans and other trash everywhere.... Stuff like that pisses me off and hurts our sport the most. I mean I know its not just the ATV crowd but they are the MAIN source of it.

Yeah they got rid of all the "crazy bad stuff" after one of the owners friends got put in the hospital and his TJ was distroyed... all by high school kids.

Right now its not too muddy out there. Hasn't rained in a while but like I have found out, not all of the ud has beed dried up yet so you have to watch out for some areas.

Yes the WE Rock course is still out there. But also we have found out the some days the police are out there turnning people around. The 2 counties the border the Creek are buying up the land around there to turn it into a hike and bike area. So Spring Creek Offroad will be shutting down soon. Montgomery County already started their part of the park but of course the ATV people already started trearing that up and trashing it just like they do out at the Creek. Beer cans and other trash everywhere.... Stuff like that pisses me off and hurts our sport the most. I mean I know its not just the ATV crowd but they are the MAIN source of it.

damn that really sucks!----BRIAN

Back