• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2nd Quarter Chapter Meet & Greet 6/26

Jawa

NAXJA Forum User
Save the date guys, the 2nd Quarter Colorado Chapter Meet & Greet will be held on 6/26.

We have (okay, more like "I" have) been slacking and don't have the location/time nailed down yet, but it will for sure be in the Denver metro area, more than likely on the southern side. Think Littleton/Highlands Ranch/Parker. Like the northern M&G, we're looking to provide some grub. Details to follow ASAP.

Anybody have any suggestions for a good place?

At first we talked about reserving a pavillion at a park, like Clement Park in Littleton, and doing some grilling or having something catered. I really like that idea because of all the possibilities... we can stand (or sit) around and talk Jeeps, throw a football/frisbee/whatever, kids can run around all they want, etc. The downside is that by the end of June temps could easily be in the 90s or even higher.

Other options could be something like Buffalo Wild Wings, a "car show" sorta thing at Sonic, or a kegger at Troy's house.

Last edited:
At first we talked about reserving a pavillion at a park, like Clement Park in Littleton, and doing some grilling or having something catered. I really like that idea because of all the possibilities... we can stand (or sit) around and talk Jeeps, throw a football/frisbee/whatever, kids can run around all they want, etc. The downside is that by the end of June temps could easily be in the 90s or even higher.

I ain't allergic!:anon:

Other options could be something like Buffalo Wild Wings, a "car show" sorta thing at Sonic, or a kegger at Troy's house.
:party:

I will suggest Deweys sports bar and grill. On Bellevue and Federal. My sister works there.

Thats not very "south" Kiefer. You guys could always hit up the Fox and Hound in Lone Tree (park meadows area). Huge parking lot, and that one restaurant is always vacant, they can't ever seem to keep people in it. Right at the I-25/470 interchange.

http://www.foxandhound.com/locations/lone-tree-park-meadows-dr.aspx

FH.jpg

Last edited:
Usually restaurants that are not busy have crappy food. I learned that leason one year at cofest.

I'm out -- I'll be in Frisco for my better 1/2's participation in the Avon 2-Day Walk to Cure Breast Cancer -- have a ball!

Oh, and Kiefer's Dewey's suggestion is still doable on the south side, there is one at Broadway and County Line in Littleton -- cool place, locally owned.:chef:

or a kegger at Troy's house.

Ok, now hold on there sparky.......... :D

DJ's idea of the Fox and Hound isn't bad as it's right off the highways and easy to get to....... but if it's gonna be fawkin' hot out, standing on all that asphalt ain't gonna be optimal......

Clement Park has worked out ok in the past, but that park is getting used for a whole lot lately for events and gets pretty busy on the weekends, so we may find that our parking situation could be a little difficult....... It kinda depends on the softball/baseball activity and the time. 11am to 3pm-ish may work better as most ball game activity starts late afternoon into the evening. If they'll let us reserve a pavillion on the north side somewhere farthest from the ball fields that would probably be optimal.

Anyone know of someone that can bring an RTI ramp? 'Raptor? Caged94xj? I think Foothills Park and Rec would frown on having a car smash/crush unfortunately........

Can we please have this one in the Springs..............

The next one will be in the Springs.

What Tom said. The plan is to have the 3rd Quarter M&G in the Springs. Start thinking of some cool places to have it. :thumbup:

Back