• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April 11 - Turkey Bay Land Between the Lakes Annual Clean Up Day

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, Jeep owners of all types:

On April 11, the Turkey Bay ORV Park at Land Between the Lakes Kentucky will be hosting it's annual trail repair and clean up day. As you all know, land use and TREAD LIGHTLY is a staple of NAXJA events and focus.

The TB-LBL clean up day usually consists of trash pick up at the campgrounds, boundary line painting, and basic trail maintenance. At the end of the day all participants will get a ticket for a raffle style drawing (everyone gets something) where the administrators at the park will give away coupons for free yearly passes, free weekend passes, and free camping at the park - followed by free admission to the trail system for the remainder of the afternoon.

This year the Southeast Chapter of NAXJA has petitioned the National BOD for $700 in land use funds, to be matched by the local chapter. During the clean up day we will be presenting a check to the Friends of Land Between The Lakes to use for future projects at Turkey Bay - which may include a new boundary fence, a pavilion, and general maintenance.

The SEC will also be active on April 11 in the eastern half of the region with a workday jamboree at the Uwharrie National Forest in North Carolina where a similar donation to their "Friends of" organization.

I encourage all of you to consider coming to Turkey Bay to assist with this worthwhile event. A number of other off-road clubs will be in attendance, and I would love to see a strong turnout of NAXJA folks.

As more information is released, I will update this thread.

I'm going to try and make this run.

I should be there...I may even wash the Jeep so she shines.

And as a special "thank you" to all NAXJA people that are come to help, we'll have a small piece of NAXJA SEC swag for you to take home.

I can bring the litter sacks I have also.

Hey guys! Bringing this back to the top. We are only a month away from the Turkey Bay clean up dates. It sounds like we might have 5 NAXJA rigs in attendance. I'd love to get a bunch more. We are going to be making a donation to LBL during the event also! (oh, and we are giving out some free swag for NAXJA people that attend)

April 11 - Turkey

Hey y'all! It's on!

I just spoke with Kyle, the lead ranger at Turkey Bay, and John Rusli, the Executive Director of the Friends of Land Between the Lakes and they are excited and appreciative of our participation.

The schedule for the morning:
9:00 am arrival time
9:15 am safety briefing
9:25 am NAXJA presentation
9:30 am Split up and get to work

I am planning to bring some swag (1 per vehicle) as a thank you for the NAXJA members that participate. I'd appreciate if you would all sign up below if you plan to attend, so that I can prepare appropriately.

1. Dirk DeYoung

Really? Just me? One week to go folks!

Hope to see a bunch of y'all there.

72* and sunny for Saturday! Great weather to pick up garbage and paint boundary lines. See y'all in Kentucky!!

1. Dirk DeYoung
2. Ed Robbins

1. Dirk DeYoung
2. Ed Robbins
3. Mark & Anita

It looks like LBL is 2 hours and 10 minutes from Mark's place. It looks like I will be leaving my place about 5 am. I'll meet with Mark and Anita and follow them up. We should be there a little after 8 am with no stops - but we will probably stop for breakfast.

Are we going to meet in Nashville and caravan up?

Ed, we don't really need to be at LBL until about 8:30 or 8:45. No reason to aim for 8 am. I am cool with meeting up and caravanning.

What about meeting at the Loves Truck Stop on Trinity Lane off of I-65, north of Nashville at 6:45. With an hour and 45 minutes estimated from there, that should get us to LBL/TB by 8:30. I'll need to stop for gas anyway on the north side of Nashville, where it is a little less expensive.

Were you thinking of getting breakfast before you get to Nashville?

Breakfast was in the plans.

KP going to make it?

Haven't heard from Kris. Bosco mentioned it also before he put his Jeep up for sale. I'll see y'all at the Loves!

It would be good to see you Kris. I hope you can make it.

That awesome guy MEMBERSHIP sent my renewal packet yesterday. Time to get some NAXJA Member stickers on the old XJ for tomorrow. I need to rep the club.

Back