• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kingston Peak Adopt-a-Road report, 9/14/2014

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'm getting this started, so others can post incriminating pictures while I go to the car wash. :D

More later!

Great teaser.

But you should start a poll asking which of our members was most likely to come home with wet pants...

Great teaser.

But you should start a poll asking which of our members was most likely to come home with wet pants...
Wet pants? BAH! Soggy socks, but no wet pants. Besides, all the cool kids had mechanical hiccups on this trip. :cheers:

Only rigs with Cherokee in the name had mechanical issues. It seems even the fancy new WK can't escape the curse. The JK was issue free.

I'll have to do this report in installments.

The day started of with a meeting at the Ranger Station. From there we drove to Alice. While airing down in Alice, we had our first mechanical mishap. While T2GD was changing his tire, I had to wonder: How many monkeys does it take to fook a football?

008.jpg

Answer: That depends on the work surface:

009.jpg
:D

I have to say, that it was a beautiful day above timberline!

011.jpg

007.jpg

Sorry took awhile to post one here. First off I would like to say F&^% YOU Castle. Second off want to say I had a good time with some good guys. Some photos.

kingston2_zps42917aa7.jpg

Top at the lake

kingston3_zpse9816f33.jpg

on the trail

Wait for it. . . . . .

doyouevenwadebro_zps0bb89514.jpg

Do you even wade bro?

Last edited:
PM an email address and I'll send a full size copy.
Do you even wade bro?
Bwahahaha!

Answer: That depends on the work surface. Wait, that was for a different question. :D

Thanks for the picture!

Last edited by a moderator:
All the paperwork has been submitted. I'm a little slow with following up here.

Hypoid said:
55 4WD vehicles.
29 ATVs.
11 Motorcycles.
1 Mountain Bike.
4 Hikers.

We saw two people drive off trail, because we were stopped, and blocking the (narrow) road.

We stopped nine times for litter, a can here, a water bottle there. There was more trash at the North end of the trail.

A few of the unique things about this trail are that it is closed most the year, most of it is above timberline, some of it borders the James Peak Wilderness, and there are not many other trails that feed into this one. Although dispersed camping is allowed, you better hope for good weather to camp above timberline. In short, people don't stay long enough to trash the place.

The next trip might prove me wrong, but I see potential for more traffic related problems on this trail.

On this trip we counted:
18 4WD vehicles
8 ATVs
12 Motorcycles
14 Hikers

We saw two vehicles off trail:
The first was a motorcycle.
The second was an ATV that went to the aid of the motorcycle.

The motorcycle rider could not wait for us to pass and went off trail. He/she stuck the front wheel in a hole and came to an abrupt halt. I scolded the ATV riders, while someone behind me yelled at the motorcycle rider. The only injury was to a motorcycle rider's pride.

We stopped six times for litter, again, it was dispersed. I let the group go at the puddles, only to drive a few more yards and see a trashed camp site. I took care of the immediate problem. When I stopped in Rollinsville to visit with a friend, she told me about people trashing the free camping on Mammoth Road. When I got home, I checked the location on Gmaps and found it is in our area. Now, I know better than to dismiss the group before we get to Apex Road. ;)

Once again, THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CAME OUT! :NAXJA::cheers::NAXJA:

So always split off at the puddles. No problem. :D

Yup, you get the campsite with the hanging targets, busted bottles, and hot fire pit. :thumbup:

I stopped and visited with a friend in Rollinsville, told her about that camp site. She had a lot to say about people screwing up the free camping in that area. :flamemad:

That's the area we pulled a rolled Ford Ranger back onto the trail last winter.

Back