• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Annual Christmas tree run

Status
Not open for further replies.

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Kinda Suprised this has not come up.. (or.. has it?)

Anyone Up for a snow run/Christmas tree run.. ??

Location.. Goat? La'dee? or??

When.. Saturday December 1st? or Saturday December 8th?

:farmer:

The grand crawlers Christmas tree run is on the 1st. in estacada as well. I'm not positive but I believe it is at la dee

I think BoringDave and NightFoam did a scouting run,
We had tentatively talked about combining the Toys for Tots run and the X-mas Tree run together on the 8th.....
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1091785

I haven't heard anything else about it.
Last year I think only a couple ppl opted to get trees...
but there were somewhere in the neighborhood of 30-40 toys collected from those who attended for the Toys For Tots program.
I would be really cool to finalize plans for this.
I wasnt around last year for it, but I'm willing to help out and will of course donate for this year.

Yup, we did a scouting run, everybody seems to want to do Ladee Flats but the elevation is too low, the trails seem to be closed and there ain't shit for trees up there so I don't know why people want to go up there.

Yup, we did a scouting run, everybody seems to want to do Ladee Flats but the elevation is too low, the trails seem to be closed and there ain't shit for trees up there so I don't know why people want to go up there.

that's kinda my thought

I dont know, maybe up above crooked finger? (thats far!)

Oregon trail? Anyone know the snow levels around Pioneer womens grave?

Because all of the "trails" on goat mt. are illegal, the road to the cell / repeater tower and the land its on is private property and therefore illegal. The only part of goat that is legal is the forest roads and land at the lowest area. So,......... If you want to just stay on forest roads ONLY and get your tree early then there us no reason we can't go to goat. There will not be a run to the tower.

Aaron, You're wrong.. It is very legal to go all the way to the tower, I verified this at the ranger station just 3 months ago..

EDIT: If the gate is closed, It is illegal to pass.

Because all of the "trails" on goat mt. are illegal, the road to the cell / repeater tower and the land its on is private property and therefore illegal. The only part of goat that is legal is the forest roads and land at the lowest area. So,......... If you want to just stay on forest roads ONLY and get your tree early then there us no reason we can't go to goat. There will not be a run to the tower.

^
This is why guys on the BOD need to be guys that make the big runs every year, other wise we end up like "grand crawler" "Cherokee fourm" no really running any big or good runs. (Nothing wrong with GC or CF, it's just there's already plenty of forums the wheel the mall..)

No. Your wrong.

The tower has a gate, if it's open it's free to Roam.

The repeter is not private land. The keys to the gate are in the hands of the ham and mountain wave guys.

And to stay on gravel roads is what we will do, but they will have 3-6 feet of snow ladee will have 0-3inches

Do some research before you make stuff up.

When was the last time you went to a tree run?

This is not an attack it's the truth.

Last edited:
Dont you have to go through LaDee to get up to Goat?

no.. two very seperate area's.. Both are about 5-10 miles from estacada, ones south, one's east..

With all do respect, I'm cool with La'dee but I've been up there alot.. Unless we are making 4610 road trip, i dont see the reason to load up a family and gather as a group to go up there.. It's too low for snow, and not well enough developed to make a day trip out of?

EDIT: Nick, oh nick.. Please, tell me how you really feel?:firedevil

Last edited:
Another thing to add to the Goat side is South Fork Mountain, and the quarry we went went to last year, that's only 200 feet lower than the summit of goat. It didn't have much snow last year but two years ago, there was a foot of powder in the area above the quarry. And trees there too.

And based on all the signs I saw at Ladee on Sunday, those trails are closed too, at least, based on the big ass ROAD CLOSED signs in front of all of them

Another thing to add to the Goat side is South Fork Mountain, and the quarry we went went to last year, that's only 200 feet lower than the summit of goat. It didn't have much snow last year but two years ago, there was a foot of powder in the area above the quarry. And trees there too.

And based on all the signs I saw at Ladee on Sunday, those trails are closed too, at least, based on the big ass ROAD CLOSED signs in front of all of them

I love that rock pit! I broke my rear driveline there hopping my jeep...

Ether place is fine for me I don't care. When there is good snow I like to do the loop from squaw mt. Over to la dee and back down to 224. One year the snow was so deep I didn't see a car on 4613 and ran into it.

^
This is why guys on the BOD need to be guys that make the big runs every year, other wise we end up like "grand crawler" "Cherokee fourm" no really running any big or good runs. (Nothing wrong with GC or CF, it's just there's already plenty of forums the wheel the mall..)

No. Your wrong.

The tower has a gate, if it's open it's free to Roam.

The repeter is not private land. The keys to the gate are in the hands of the ham and mountain wave guys.

And to stay on gravel roads is what we will do, but they will have 3-6 feet of snow ladee will have 0-3inches

Do some research before you make stuff up.

When was the last time you went to a tree run?

This is not an attack it's the truth.

My info comes directly from Kathrine. She is the usfs manager in charge of that area. I asked her about it the last time we had face time. But to clear it all up I will call the ranger station and get the official word as to what ant where is ok. ...... For the record I didn't make anything up. I actually talk to land managers and officials,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back