• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "he who shall not be named" build

While I was replacing ujoints I never dealt with hubs so stuck onto the knuckles! Don't think they've come off since the jeep was made in 2000...hammering, prying, heating nothing would budge these damn things. Finally I stole the scissor jack from wifes old car, placed it on the springs and the back of the hub and cranked her as far as shed go and guess what... Nothing lol so I just smacked it a bit more and finally I saw some light at the end of the tunnel it moved, smacked it a few more times and she popped off! As old as these hubs are the bearings seem fine, no funny sounds, no play and no catching when I spin it so I'll just clean it up and put it back on for now
effd825077b982c47ab19e9b1565915a.jpg
efd3f83d4f0622d63e385f4e8a4d83ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

While I was replacing ujoints I never dealt with hubs so stuck onto the knuckles! Don't think they've come off since the jeep was made in 2000...hammering, prying, heating nothing would budge these damn things. Finally I stole the scissor jack from wifes old car, placed it on the springs and the back of the hub and cranked her as far as shed go and guess what... Nothing lol so I just smacked it a bit more and finally I saw some light at the end of the tunnel it moved, smacked it a few more times and she popped off! As old as these hubs are the bearings seem fine, no funny sounds, no play and no catching when I spin it so I'll just clean it up and put it back on for now
effd825077b982c47ab19e9b1565915a.jpg
efd3f83d4f0622d63e385f4e8a4d83ba.jpg

Sorry for the upside down pics 🤔 🤷*♂️

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back