• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weather -predictions-hopes...?

NAXJA Forum User
Well It's been unseasonably cool IMO here in Florida with temps in the low 50's in the mornings and next week one morning at 50 is "planned".

Harlan has a chance of snow shower 1 day next week and looks get over 1.5" of rain.

I for one hope for no rain, low 80's day time and 50's at night. I have to say it's been awful nice the last 5 times other than some of the rain.

That would be dream weather but I'm sure it will rain, be super humid, and hot as can be. Typical weather for Harlan.

IDK SE Weather has been Bi-Polar this year!

Yeah it's supposed to be 44* here in Ocala tomorrow morning. Today it's not even supposed to hit 70 for the high.

Ed I can't remember a time in the last 5 trips to Harlan where it even got to 90*. I'd take weather close to any given year we've been there vs hot and humid.

Harlan looks to be sunny and highest temp of 85* and lowest temp of 52* over the next 5 days or so.

Man let's hope that holds out!

We can dream....

Long range shows mid-upper 80's with a chance of storms every afternoon.

Looking like it as of now. Remember the year it got down into the low 50's at night and everyone froze their asses off?

Maybe you skinny guys froze but this fat guy loves those temps.

It was wierd being up on Bald Knob with the fog and drizzle in the middle of the day. Everybody was cold in July.

Was in the 50's 2 years 2014 and 2015 at night...We had a fire every night those years. Was awesome! And yeah...Us fat (and furry) guys can handle it.
I just have to be careful to not let my shoe soles melt...again...if we have fires this year.

Was in the 50's 2 years 2014 and 2015 at night...We had a fire every night those years. Was awesome! And yeah...Us fat (and furry) guys can handle it.
I just have to be careful to not let my shoe soles melt...again...if we have fires this year.

I have fires every year. It's camping and that is what you are supposed to have.....

I have fires every year. It's camping and that is what you are supposed to have.....

We did a few nights last year and in '16 but we waited until after sunset...it was darn near too hot. I don't like to be sweating AND have a fire (unless I'm doing things not allowed to be mentioned on here).

My real concern is the humidity.

90* with high humidity is a different animal than 90* with low or none. And lately here it's been horrible with both temps and humidity. My glasses fog up walking from my 80* Office to my truck.

Last edited:
there's between 2-2.5" of rain "predicted" over the next 10 days...so looks like it may be wet n wild again if that pattern continues.

Back