• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expiration on re-calls?

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Got a 96 cherokee a year ago and finally got it on the road, just for fun I checked the recalls for it and found a bunch, how would I go about getting these serviced?....is the a time restriction from the date of recall? and how could I tell if they have already been serviced.

TIA

Doug

If you call Chrysler / Jeep 1-800-853-1403 they can tell you about what has been done and what hasn't. And as far as I know the date for the cutoff is March 2, 1987. That was the date that Chrysler bought AMC, Eagle and Jeep. I got a O2 sensor replaced by a recall on my 88

I believe that a true "recall" does not expire. Now TSBs are another thing. All you need to do is go to www.jeep.com then click on "owners" and that allows you to enter in your VIN to check on outstanding recalls.

:cheers:

xjman4 said:
true recalls dont expire just take it to the local jeep dealer and they will do recalls for you

This is true, but don't expect them to have the parts for the recalls you need compleated in stock. You will probably have to take it in they will order parts then you will need to take it back to get the parts installed.

Chrysler (at least the dealer here) will not fix AMC recalls if you call that number they will tell you exactly which recalls effet your Jeep. You can also punch in your VIN # at Jeep.com. Just click the "for owners" link at the top right of the page.

I have a 96 so it's not an AMC, Just wondering if a recall was made in 98 if I can still go in and get it fixed some ten years later.

Back