• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Show me some skin(s)! Fiberglass fenders/quarters?

IdahoEagle

NAXJA Forum User
I'm sitting at 2" of lift on my 86 2 door XJ with 31s on stock 15x7" steel wheels. I have to replace some of the nose because of a bad driver anyway and want to step up to 33s on 15x8s without any more lift. I want to see what fiberglass fenders and quarters you are running and who the manufacturer was. I want to use it for an all around rig and will be doing a few other things to it along the way. I may even have my long arm idea figured out...

You can trim and bumpstop. At this point really not sure who makes 'glass anymore. It's going to be pricey though.

glassworks, trailer products, and hanneman all make glass fenders. as far as i know hanneman is the only one that makes rears but they look like truck bedsides and you have to get creative if you have a 4 door.

this is what my project looks like with hanneman glass front and rear.

10371603_10203270177148882_6257529440468482347_n.jpg

yes it was a 4door. the upper part of the rear door is now just the outer sheet metal and its glassed into the top of the bedside. it comes off when the glass comes off and leaves a nice big open space to work, the entire floor from the B pillar back is gone.

0967832F-8970-49DE-AC62-54CEA8180B7E_zpsr0slf7s4.jpg

Mine with Hannemann fronts, about to undergo rear panels hopefully next month, going to build new wheel wells first, probably going to cheat and get some mini tubs from Summit Racing, hard to beat $100 for a pair, shipped.

you did a damn good job lining up those front fenders. for some reason the hannemans never seem to fit right up by the a pillar at the windshield corner. mine had a huge gap there.

looking good :thumbup:

Hot Rod, how much lift and what size tire is your Jeep on in that picture? And it's looking good. I can't wait to see it after the rears are done...

What the hell?!? I hope you didn't pay anything for those... That's the second most ghetto engineered fiberglass fender setup I've seen for a Jeep!

That was my doing, its a 1/8th assed project. Was trying to take some beat up glass and stick them to a spare set of steel fenders. Basically just trying to make them bolt on easier.

Second most ghetto? Haha i'd like to see the first

I don't have any pictures, but years ago I saw an early 80s Datsun 4th pickup that had most of the front fenders cut out except for the mounting edges and had a set of Toyota fiberglass fenders bondo'ed to them and must've had like 3 gallons of bondo on each side... They didn't even do a half decent job with the bodywork. It looked like they shaped it by using beaver teeth, without the beaver's permission... Hehe!

i got a set of hanneman fronts for free that had been cracked and patched then bondo'd back together so many times that they weighed almost 20 pounds each. needless to say i tossed them lol.

you did a damn good job lining up those front fenders. for some reason the hannemans never seem to fit right up by the a pillar at the windshield corner. mine had a huge gap there.

looking good :thumbup:

Thanks, it was the seasoned hands of my Dad that did that work, he's one hell of a body man. I ended up grinding a lot of the extra material at the a-pillar out with a Dremel, iirc I had to do that in a few places to make them fit. I still feel like there is some tweaking left to do before I'll be really happy with them, but then again I can be VERY OCD about body work.

Hot Rod, how much lift and what size tire is your Jeep on in that picture? And it's looking good. I can't wait to see it after the rears are done...

I'm running Currie 4" progressive rate TJ coils, and OME 3.5" leafs with an OME 1" AAL, so I'm gonna say it's a 4" lift on 33's.

Back