• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Differences pre-runner v. Rock-crawler

Albert Jr.

NAXJA Forum User
Only looking to learn more.
These 2 rigs are obviously build for different conditions and
I assume that they are build differently too.

My question is,
What are those differences ?

The differences are that one is a pre runner and that one is a rock crawler. It's like comparing apples and oranges the list could go on forever. Do a google search of you aren't sure of the differences

Some of the basic differences I notice are. Suspension travel, more up travel for the go fast. Body armor/mods go fast guys usually don't need rocker protection or other body armor. Rock crawlers usually don't run fiberglass panels. Cage work is different also, go fast usually entails more tube to withstand a tumble at speed where a crawler usually only need to stand up to a flop on it's side or lid. Rock crawlers tens to run beefier axles. I'm sure there is more. Tone has a point though some searching will get you the info to find what you're looking for.

According to that article, a prrunner is a 2wd lifted truck... to which i say
ZIjOnsR.jpg

I think you need large lights, a skid plate, an energy drink, and some bros. And some tube.

Back