• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein 7100 custom valving - leaf springs

Rock anchors are back on but I got a solid 5" of up travel again.

2d6321d1301b6ee2d48c70cb4c0bb7d7.jpg

b26abcba1c3eee016c24d877c2069ca2.jpg

I'm going to order up some shims tomorrow. Going to try 180/135 vs the 255/100 that is currently in the shocks.

I've also cut up the shackles that didn't work out to be approximately 2" lift and burned in poly bushings vs the joints.

Have any of you loosened up the shackle bolts and double nutted them to help with rebound?

You cant really double nut our setup, there's barely room to get 1 nut in there. We loctite it and keep it snug.

But, we're running a longer leaf too, so the droop comes easier.

Talked with Juan at Bilstein today. He's going to try to tweak the current 255/100 stack. I've got a new stack on the way and a few other shims to try along with a spreadsheet of their ramp profiles. He's been extremely helpful trying to tune these shocks 1700 miles away and also realizes I can't afford bypasses.

Hopefully I can get some more testing in before the snow starts falling. It's probably going to be a compromise between low speed performance and high speed performance but that's what happens when you run a relatively budget shock at its limits.

Its been our experience if you can make it work for the highspeed, its very tolerable with the crawling.

Back