• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jaz fuel cell

Assuming you're talking about the under-the floor fuel cells:

You can run one in a daily driver, and route the filler neck into the sock location, however, you'll still have a penetration through your floor, and the fill tube running through the passenger compartment.(not a great idea)
No direct knowledge, but I have heard that some states outlawed fuel cells for no-road vehicles. Check your local regs.
You won't pass emissions. If you have the required check where you live, they'll fail you when they look at the gas cap on the OBD-II systems.(even if you figure out the check engine light)

its says cherokee chief? lol and only to 96? i have a 99 4.0 ax15 2inch lift does anybody have expiernce with these tanks? they look cool enough

i think that used to be true
with the new rules i doubt any smog guy would pass it.

I have one mounted inside the passenger compartment in street legal a Station Wagon "Outlaw Street Car Class" in the spare tire compartment with a lift up cover over the cell. The cell has a steel 14ga, housing built around it for protection but still fills from the inside. There are no fuel odors inside unless some might be spilled from the 5 gal gas cans used to fill it sometimes, none when the cap is closed.

Its a foam filled one also and used for "Race Fuel Only" 117oct with a separate fuel supply system. The stock tank is in place and used on the street with pump gas and works off of a switch mounted at the dash to switch tanks.

I have been considering using one for aux. fuel in my XJ mounted in the cargo area, but if you do make sure you contain it inside a steel outer shell for safety and use the roll over vent tube to the outside for sure if you do. The foam is extra money but keeps the slosh down with the tank mounted up higher like it has to be plus an added safety factor.

Bump. Is this true that with the stock filler neck it will pass smog??

it has to have all stock emissions vents and equipment still connected and has to be enclosed in a box vented to the outside of the vehicle so no vapor can enter the passenger compartment. it also must be filled from outside of the vehicle to be even considered.

I am not sure of the regulations involving a secondary tank and smog systems as described in the post above this one, though.

Back