• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The big dinner.

I vote for some dutch oven, BBQ Pork, Dutch oven potatos and maybe some corn on the cob? All very easy to cook, the hardest part is cutting everything up, then its just let the dutch oven do the cooking, stir it now and again, watch the coals and thats about it. Then maybe a few dogs and burgers for the kids?

Also I got enough dutch ovens around to feed a good sized NAXJA army.

here is a pic from last summer, its blurry from all the heat coming off.

BBQnov10th003.jpg

JeeperG said:
I vote for some dutch oven, BBQ Pork, Dutch oven potatos and maybe some corn on the cob? All very easy to cook, the hardest part is cutting everything up, then its just let the dutch oven do the cooking, stir it now and again, watch the coals and thats about it. Then maybe a few dogs and burgers for the kids?

Also I got enough dutch ovens around to feed a good sized NAXJA army.

here is a pic from last summer, its blurry from all the heat coming off.

BBQnov10th003.jpg

Is this you volunteering to cook Gifton?

Mrs Moab said:
Is this you volunteering to cook Gifton?

I hope so! Looking at that food makes me awefully hungry and it would get me off the hook. (Although, it would be nice to help Gifton and learn to cook it myself).

Israel said:
I hope so! Looking at that food makes me awefully hungry and it would get me off the hook. (Although, it would be nice to help Gifton and learn to cook it myself).
Well is everyone ok with my food suggestion? Sure I will cook if you want, as long as I have help cutting things up first. :chef:

JeeperG said:
Well is everyone ok with my food suggestion? Sure I will cook if you want, as long as I have help cutting things up first. :chef:

Absolutely! I'll help prepare. What else do you need?

JeeperG said:
Just a head count

Sounds good. We should know how many people are registered a week or so before the event. Add in a few late registrations and Derek's ability to eat for 1336 and a half and we may top 1400.

depending on how many Dutch ovens you need I have a 10 in and a 14 inch I can bring... I am 90% sure of going right now...

Back