• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seth Stanton Donation

planefixer

NAXJA Forum User
I just sent a donation of $1400.00 to COHVCO (Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Coalition) raised through sticker sales and donations in honor of the memory of one of our members, PFC Seth Stanton, K.I.A. serving this great country in Iraq last December.I want to shout out a big THANK YOU for the generosity (sp?) of those who purchased stickers and donated money- way to step up for a good cause.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
planefixer said:
I just sent a donation of $1400.00 to COHVCO (Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Coalition) raised through sticker sales and donations in honor of the memory of one of our members, PFC Seth Stanton, K.I.A. serving this great country in Iraq last December.I want to shout out a big THANK YOU for the generosity (sp?) of those who purchased stickers and donated money- way to step up for a good cause.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks,
Jeff
As a VFW post commander, I also would like to say thank you all for your support of our troops. It means alot to a young guy sitting in a puddle of mud watching the grass grow in front of his guard point that, unlike the media would have you believe, the American people stand behind our troops.:patriot:

On behalf of the Stanton family, we are overwhelmed. Not just the money, but that 140 people out there are remembering Seth's sacrifice by posting the wonderful stickers. Watch the COHVCO site for details on the Seth Stanton trail improvement day August 18. Hope to see you all there.

Susan (XJFireAunt)

I just received a nice plaque from COHVCO in appreciation for all of our efforts with the fund raiser/donation that the Colorado Chapter made from the generous donations of so many of our members through sticker purchases and straight money donations.

P1011465.jpg

Thanks again to all of you who donated toward the Stanton Memorial Fund raiser!

:patriot:

Man that'd look great on my wall next to my Blue Ribbon certificate.................:D

Thank you guys, I know we made a lasting impression on those people. And I am proud of that, thank you for your efforts, everyone. This is what the sport is all about, being there when someone really needs it.

Has there been any more word on a memorial run/plaque?

One of the board members at COHVCO is supposed to be sending me an e-mail with a total amount raised by us and the Stantons combined, and he was going to send a photo of a stone they had engraved - not certain, but I believe it will be placed by the family on a trail - possibly on Independence Trail.

Hopefully I'll have more to post here soon.

Here it is, the Memorial Stone to be place in Seth's honor, provided by COHVCO:

STANTONMEMORIALMONUMENT006.jpg

"A total of $2785.00 was contributed to COHVCO in the name of Seth Stanton.
This includes the $1400.00 donated by NAXJA.
Again, many thanks to you and the Colorado Chapter of the NAXJA for your loving thoughts of Seth and support of the efforts of COHVCO and fellow enthusiasts.
Val Douglas will coordinate the delivery of the monument to Seth's friends and family for placement on a favorite trail of Seth's."

No word on which trail the family has selected, when it'll be placed there, or if there will be a run organized when it happens, but if I hear anything, I'll post it up.

Now, I recall being told that the total funds raised by the Chapter and the Stanton's to have totalled closer to $5,000, but things have been a little "upside down" over at COHVCO for a while and maybe Correy doesn't have all the correct info. Either way, it's good to see all this finally coming together.

Just received an e-mail from Val Douglas with COHVCO:

"I have the marble stone that COHVCO created in Seth's remembrance. Its ready to go down to Patriot as soon as the weather warms up. I've contacted Anna. She's still not ready to put the stone on the trail, which is understandable knowing how long it took my mom to get that far after my bro passed. I'll keep you updated on the happenings regrading the stone and a date we nail down to go put it on Patriot.

Val"

This is excellent news as the Stanton family and our Chapter were really hoping they'd get permission to place the stone memorial on Independance Trail. With the powers that be allowing memorials to be placed on this trail area, we can expect that closing that trail would be much more difficult.

Back