• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seth Stanton: 8/21/87 to 12/17/06

XJ_Vikings

NAXJA Forum User
It was 4 years ago when PFC Seth Stanton was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq. Seth was only 19 years old when he was killed. Lets not forget the sacrifice Seth made for all of us and keep his family in our thoughts this holiday season.

I will always feel attached to Seth even though I never met him, as his death happened exactly a month from when I signed my papers. His memorial sticker on my jeep reminds me every day that we can never forget all of those who paid the ultimate price.

We can't simply remember those who have dies on Memorial day alone. In honor of Seth, post any loved ones, brothers or sisters you have lost.

Cpl. Jordan Pierson
C Co 1/25
6/22/85 to 8/25/06
semper fi

In honor of Seth, post any loved ones, brothers or sisters you have lost.

Went back and actually read your post, missed this the first time around.

RIP
GM2 Danny Dietz: 19800126 to 20050628, KIA
We miss ya DJ.

^My main influence for wanting to go SF. He died in Afghanistan in 05 with 2 other SEALs (of the 4 total on the team).

Last edited:
:patriot: Thank you for your sacrifice so we can remain free.

A local boy that died, Jesse Clowers Jr, was a great kid and a hell of a football player for our high school. We named a football field after him and we have a weight lifting competition every year at the high school in his honor. His widow and kids are now living in the area and I hope to get to coach his son in football someday.

PRESS RELEASE: Special Forces Soldier dies in Afghanistan

U.S. Army Special Operations Command Public Affairs Office

FORT BRAGG, N.C. (USASOC News Service, Aug. 13, 2007) — An Army Special Forces Soldier died August 12 of wounds sustained when his High-Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle struck an enemy Improvised Explosive Device northeast of Forward Operating Base Khogyani, Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan.

Staff Sgt. Jesse G. Clowers Jr., 27, a Special Forces Operational Detachment-Alpha communications sergeant assigned to 2nd Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) was deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

Clowers was born in Lebanon, VA. He enlisted in the Army in June, 2004.

Clowers completed the Special Forces Qualification Course in 2006 and was assigned to 2nd Bn., 7th SFG(A) in September.

His awards and decorations include the Army Achievement Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, NCO Professional Development Ribbon, Army Service Ribbon, Parachutist Badge, and the Special Forces Tab.

Clowers is survived by his wife, Katherine, son Jesse, and daughter Danielle of Fayetteville, N.C.; mother Joyce of Roanoke, Va; and sister Angela of Herndon, Va.

Last edited:
I took this pic about a week ago......

6y13wi.jpg

Yes I know the flag is tattered and needs to be replaced....but his mother put it up and I wouldn't dream of replacing it without asking her first.

Last edited:
:patriot: Gone but not forgotten!

It was 4 years ago when PFC Seth Stanton was killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq.

Cpl. Jordan Pierson
C Co 1/25
6/22/85 to 8/25/06
semper fi

RIP
GM2 Danny Dietz: 19800126 to 20050628, KIA
We miss ya DJ.

Staff Sgt. Jesse G. Clowers Jr

Rest in peace Soldiers, Marines and Sailors.

SSG Christopher Rudzinski
293rd MP, US Army
8/29/81-10/16/09

Suffered from fatal blast wounds in an IED/small arms ambush
Kandahar, Afghanistan

A brother I fought with in Iraq in 06
ef19ab26.jpg

Last edited:
I didnt remember it being so close Christmas. That always adds just that much more pain.

Still sporting the sticker but it doesn't have a lot of life left. I wish there was more of them. I would buy a few.

My sticker has crumbled as well.

While I never met Seth, his story is very familiar. It is always hard seeing families that will never see their sons and daughters come home.
the support from the community for Seth's family is amazing, and an awesome pride to be a part of.
Here are a few images from the first time the Stanton family got to view the memorial stone for Seth.
The stone is set on Patriot Trail - Penrose Colorado. The importance of the stone being on Patriot, the hardest trail in the system amongst Freedom, Liberty and Independence, was overwhelmingly profound.

A giant thanks to all our troops out there defending and protecting us back home, and the families and friends left behind to support them. We are infinitely endebted to you... :patriot:

DSC01999.jpg

DSC01994.jpg

DSC02001.jpg

DSC01997.jpg

DSC01996.jpg

Back