• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WF ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev Den

NAXJA Forum User
Guys and girls....

NOW is the time.....any suggestions are welcome, post them here so your BOD can see them and consider them.

Keep this one on track.

Rev

Mandatory CB. We had one hell of a time on Saturday on Green!

Organized runs Friday and Saturday.

I disagree on mandatory CB. I would keep them as strongly advised. I would not want to turn away a participant due to lack of CB.

I would like to see a More dificult green run though. Like Macgyvers on Friday.

Still a great Winterfest.

Last edited:
I would not want to turn away a participant due to lack of CB.

I don't know. At very least there should be a drivers meeting with your trail leader after the the main drivers meeting. To go over what to do along the trail.

things i learned...
I counted 33 at Robies...great turn-out!
I may be the oldest fart here...if not, top three probably.
Brad and Neal and their turkey fryer ROCK!
the time has come to break up Green to beginners and moderate.
we need to do a buddy system. New peoplke need one person they know they can go to for questions and answers.

more later...

BOB

I agree, although having informal runs is kind of nice and relaxing. It may attract more people and people from other areas if we can advertise WF as a two day event.

Agreed had a few people interested from MilitaryJeepers.com but the sissy's were saying they did not want to drive 4 hours for 1 day of wheelin.

I tried to sell the other stuff to them as best I could but no one bit. Had a few of my CFers there though. 89 Eliminator, Rewster, JakeWi and if I am missing a few I apologize.

One idea to make things easier for the leaders and gunners. An extra color coded sticker to give a quick differentiation of builds so they know who is
in their group and where they should be placed in line. The leader would get a quick general picture of what the rig is built like. For example those little
colored circle stickers, just throw it on next to the inspection sticker:
112995_sk_lg.jpg

Green - Mild build or stock, open open, no winch, small tires
White - Light build, at least one winch or locker, mt's
Orange - Medium build, at least one locker and winch, larger mt's
Red - Heavy build, fully locked, winch, large mt's

One idea to make things easier for the leaders and gunners. An extra color coded sticker to give a quick differentiation of builds so they know who is
in their group and where they should be placed in line. The leader would get a quick general picture of what the rig is built like. For example those little
colored circle stickers, just throw it on next to the inspection sticker:
112995_sk_lg.jpg

Green - Mild build or stock, open open, no winch, small tires
White - Light build, at least one winch or locker, mt's
Orange - Medium build, at least one locker and winch, larger mt's
Red - Heavy build, fully locked, winch, large mt's

Different color tech stickers so the leaders know who's supposed to be there and who isn't.

This would require more stringent tech inspection, to include the actual build details of the rig. Then you don't have people where they don't belong.

I am in agreeance w/ the 2 day run as well.

Tighter tech inspections.

More will come to me after I have time to unpack and get unwound from the drive....

Some things we were talking about on the way home (which unfortunately requires more work, but you asked :D )

-Community involvement. Attica needs to know that 4-500 people are showing up for Winterfest, for multiple days. Working on the local government level to notify businesses that we're coming. Maybe things like a group rate at the hotel or discounts at the auto parts stores. Attica should be excited to bring revenue into the local businesses for a weekend event.

-Badlands involvement.

1. The operators of the offroad park need to make some concessions for our group and how large it is. If they're going to open for wheeling at 0900, we should be staging in the parking lot at 0800, doing tech inspections and staging trail rides. Driver's meetings with leaders and the big man can all happen prior to 0900 and then we kick it off when the park opens.

2. The MWC should try to get the operators of the park to agree to some sort of weekend rate for the winterfest weekend. I'm not opposed to paying the fees, but if we work out a group rate, include it into the WF registration and have folks prepay, then you eliminate the bottleneck at the registration office every morning. Something like $20 or $30 a rig for friday and saturday, tack on the $5 WF fee for paperwork and have people pay up front. Then the chapter settles up with the park.

-Trail signups prior to wheeling days. There are plenty of folks that have been there so many times, they know who needs what to go on what trail. We need registration, trail signups and tech inspections in the evening prior to trail rides. Then the morning stages are easy, rigs can go down in difficulty based on their tech inspection, but not up. Have different color stickers for different tech inspected rig ability levels.

-Make WF an event. Multiple days, multiple trail rides. The trails are too short to get a good ride in without jumping from trail to trail, so there should be rides put together ahead of time like orange to red or green to white or green to green backwards. Forget lunch in the quarry. There's too many guys that don't have quarry capable rigs that are stuck watching or on their own at 12, when they should be out wheeling with MWC folks until 3 or 4. Find a way to organize the trail rides so that you're out for 6 hours with your groups, then get them out before the park closes.

-Driver's meetings. We can't hear you. Pony up for a megaphone or a speaker or something. I spent enough on raffle tickets saturday night to buy one. Make a list, then make sure you hit all the important points.

I'm also a big fan of the cb requirement. It's not a lot of money and it's a million times easier to talk to someone. This is a hobby that requires preparation and oftentimes some duckets in your bank account. I think this is an item that should be added to the safety list. Brian saved my ass from rolling by picking up his microphone and talking to me at the same spot Sean rolled 2 hours later.

Some things we were talking about on the way home (which unfortunately requires more work, but you asked :D )

-Community involvement. Attica needs to know that 4-500 people are showing up for Winterfest, for multiple days. Working on the local government level to notify businesses that we're coming. Maybe things like a group rate at the hotel or discounts at the auto parts stores. Attica should be excited to bring revenue into the local businesses for a weekend event.

This was actually brought up to me on my tow home from the tow driver. He is the only tow truck/scrap company in the town. He brought up how the people of attica love the revenue that the badlands bring in.

He even said talk to him if we did this again to arrange for tows, or even parts from his scrap yard.

I would venture to say talk to a parts store, and they would be glad to deliver knowing how many people/stuff will be broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back