• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A new book about the XJ has just been released!

EricsXJ

NAXJA Member #616
NAXJA Member
There's a new book out about the Jeep Cherokee and I think all of you would enjoy it very much, especially since it features several XJs from NAXJA and there were many people here who contributed directly, photos or information. And NAXJA as a whole for the information and experiences I've gained over the years from even before I signed on as an official member. :)

cover25.gif

click here for more info

Interesting. Seems that it might overlap slightly with some projects I've got going (I've got the Jeep I6 Power Manual, and I'm working on an XJ/MJ tech guide and a "junkyard warrior's guide,") but I think this will complement, rather than compete - I'll go ahead with my projects as well.

I just might have to get a copy, so I don't end up reinventing the wheel...

5-90

Oh wow... and I didn't know you were working on some books either! I'll definitely buy your I6 Power Manual (reference/Tech manuals are always good to have).

Also, I'm sending you a PM. :)

:) Just FYI - if you order from the publisher (CarTech) it will be shipped to you immediately. If you order from somewhere else like Amazon.com, they appear to still be on pre-order which means you will wait - the good thing is they have a nice discount.

Figures.

Well, good thing I'm in no huge hurry - I've got other things I've got to get done all the time anyhow! The discount helps - it covered shipping. Still cheaper than waiting for it to come out locally, and paying full price + "der Kommisar's" share tho...

5-90

I received my copy yesterday and can't put it down.. really a lot of helpfull info for a novice xj owner like myself.

Dave

I just ordered this directly as well and am excited to read it. Having picked up my first Jeep last november, I've become more interested in trying to understand the basics behind how everything works and can't wait to lift my XJ and go off roading. :)

Btw, I want that AEV bumper tire rack you have on ur XJ Eric so bad, it's so sexy!

-Dan

Thanks for the update. I was not aware that they moved forward their release date and checking amazon.com now shows a date of June 14th, instead of June 30th. That's good news!

Back