• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beer Connoisseurs Discuss Good Beer

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
Talk about quality beer, not the crap you can get at 7-11 (unless in San Diego where they sell Stone)

My favorite seasonal beer. St. Bernardus Christmas Ale. A Belgian strong dark ale.

So damn good. 10% abv. I can't even begin to describe how amazing this beer is.
IMG_0915.JPG

What's everyone else drinking?

Black Butte Porter

I prefer a Dunkles Hefe Weizen. Tucher is probably my favorite, but not so easy to get in the states. Other than that, any Bavarian brewery that offers a weizen works. In the states, Pyramid, or Blue Moon passes ok.

I prefer a Dunkles Hefe Weizen. Tucher is probably my favorite, but not so easy to get in the states. Other than that, any Bavarian brewery that offers a weizen works. In the states, Pyramid, or Blue Moon passes ok.

They are good enough that I do not have to post a picture of what looks like a homosexual with his hands propping up his "muscles" as my avatar.

holy crap cool guy alert.

The Spaten Octoberfest I had a week or 3 ago was pretty nice. Hogarden is always a good choice. Yuengling will always be a favorite as well. Season Blue Moon is good, but I am looking forward to going to the local microbrew back home over xmas.

I like 90 Shilling or Guinness.

IPA's... hoppier the better. Also a big fan of porters and stouts.

Stone Brewery is my favorite brewery, followed closely by Dogfish Head and Firestone.

Since I've gone back to school, I've drank far more cheap beer than I used to. Most of the time its free, so free beer is always good. When it comes to cheap, I prefer PBR or Lone Star.

Maredsous 8, a Belgian Abby dubbel. Some seriously good stuff.

Usually, I'm drinking what I've brewed. I'm not set up for lagering [yet,] so there's often a lager or 2 in the fridge as well. At the moment, I have a breakfast stout, and a Big Sky Brewing Moose Drool clone (brown ale,) on tap, and a Scottish 80 and a cream ale carbonating (should be ready by the weekend.)

My favorite is Brother Thelonius from the North Coast Brewing Co. Definitely worth the $55 per case (24 beers). 9.3% alcohol by volume, dark, and very tasty.

Being in San Diego Stone is somewhat cheap.

Good ole' Double Bastard.

IPA's... hoppier the better. Also a big fan of porters and stouts.

Stone Brewery is my favorite brewery, followed closely by Dogfish Head and Firestone.

Since I've gone back to school, I've drank far more cheap beer than I used to. Most of the time its free, so free beer is always good. When it comes to cheap, I prefer PBR or Lone Star.

I used to drink Bud, but now I only drink Miller products. My brother-in-law works for Miller so I want to make sure that company stays afloat so my sister (not Mary) & nieces don't have to come live with me.

How do you drink PBR? Same way as any other beer! Open the top and tilt it back!

That said, I prefer Lone Star, but when I'm at the tavern back home, I will drink PBR. I think it is a rule that you have to drink cheap beer when you are in a joint that sells $1.95 pizzaburgers and $2.95 pork tenderloin sandwiches (with mayo and a pickle slice) that are as big as your head.

Oh...and I did see Milwaukees Best in a long neck bottle there once. Had no idea that they did anything but cans!

Back