• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A new book about the XJ has just been released!

Got mine on the 17th. At first perusal, it would seem to be well-written and informative, and the only limitation I see is the silly, arbitrary 144-page limit they saddled Eric with. Bugger.

On the upside, it should not conflict with anything I'm working, so adding it to your bookshelf would be a good idea. Having your work published by someone else has its ups and downs - I self-publish so I can maintain creative control (even though it makes my market effectively smaller...)

Still, definitely worth the money!

5-90

5-90 said:
and the only limitation I see is the silly, arbitrary 144-page limit they saddled Eric with. Bugger.

Yep, that is so true. They want them to be 144 pages, not 143 and not 145. They also do the layout, so when I first saw it before it went to print, there were some serious boo-boos that needed fixing. Thats tough because at that point you are really restricted if you try and re-arrainge or add stuff without having to delete something. :banghead: They got all the serious changes done to my liking but in the process, there were 3 or 4 small minor typos I've found that weren't there before. No problem though because they can be fixed in the next printing. All in all I am pleased with it and am glad so many people have told me they like it too! :)

OOooo got something to suggest for a B'day present now!

I just received it and it was everything I hoped it was. It has already answered a question that was bothering me. I purchased it from Jeg's and got it in only a week.

I got this book for my 21st birthday. I have only had a chance to glance through it, but I think it is going to be my new bible.

Got mine about a month ago and just purchased a 95 XJ Sport- bone stock. This book has answered a majority of my questions and is uber helpful with stock specifications. Great pics, great layout, and awesome story line behind the making of the book. Anyone that owns an XJ should have this book as it is a piece of history in the making. I have XJ books from places around the world and they are usually off on something or another, but not Eric's book. Great job and keep up the good work- I'm looking forward to Volume 2 if it is even in the works!!!

L8r,
Coullt

Cherikon said:
Got mine about a month ago and just purchased a 95 XJ Sport- bone stock. This book has answered a majority of my questions and is uber helpful with stock specifications. Great pics, great layout, and awesome story line behind the making of the book. Anyone that owns an XJ should have this book as it is a piece of history in the making. I have XJ books from places around the world and they are usually off on something or another, but not Eric's book. Great job and keep up the good work- I'm looking forward to Volume 2 if it is even in the works!!!

L8r,
Coullt

If you've got a list of the XJ/MJ books you have, I'd apprecate it! I'd like to make sure I'm not "reinventing the wheel" with anything I'm working on - especially with the next two I've got in mind!

5-90

I got my copy this morning from the friendly UPS guy (actually, saw him at the gas station, and he yelled "hey, want your stuff?").

Your book is excellent, a wonderful primer packed with information that covers the XJ from bumper to bumper. I wish I had access to this 2 years ago when I got my XJ. Would have saved me a few bucks. :) Even after spending countless hours reading info on websites and on NAXJA, I still picked up a few things from your book. Good work on the book!

Back