• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-max Solenoid

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
I bought a EW-11000 Tmax winch used pretty cheap. I figured out why it was cheap...bad solenoid. After looking at various solenoids for sale on ebay, I determined that not all are created equal in regards to ratings and number of terminals.

Where could I find the proper solenoid for this relatively cheap? T-max part # 7329201.6.1-8. I assume it needs to be 500amp rating.

Any ideas?

after calling t-max they said that Harbor Freight carries them so that would save me time and money.

Is is just an individual solenoid, or the entire ISM? Easy way to tell - do you have the wireless controller, or just a normal remote with a cable? The normal controller box would be individual solenoids; the wireless "boomer box" has the ISM.

I just had to replace the ISM for my wireless controller, cost me $43 + ship from T-Max.

its a wired controller box with 2 solenoids and just one solenoid went out. Not wireless although that would be nice in the future.

T-max said that they are just regular solenoids which is why it would be easy to obtain parts.

WheelinJR said:
Oh noz! Phil is leaking industry secrets! haha.

Yes, my Smitty winch does say T-Max on it, shh don't tell. :patriot:

What did I come up with when I looked...Hmmm...

Smitty
Chicago Electric (Harbor Freight)
Champion (Costco)
Milemarker's electric winch
T-Max

All made by T-Max Industrial Co. of Qingdao, China. http://www.tmaxtools.net/

Pretty clever that you enter 't-max' and 't-max winch' in Google and you only get the North America office listing. Even the 'Corporate' link on the North America page mentions nothing of the main headquarters in China. Only mention that they're engineered and tested in Australia. :laugh: Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but it was clever marketing on someone's part. ;)

Shop around, get the cheapest one. :greensmok

ECKSJAY said:
What did I come up with when I looked...Hmmm...

Smitty
Chicago Electric (Harbor Freight)
Champion (Costco)
Milemarker's electric winch
T-Max

All made by T-Max Industrial Co. of Qingdao, China. http://www.tmaxtools.net/

Pretty clever that you enter 't-max' and 't-max winch' in Google and you only get the North America office listing. Even the 'Corporate' link on the North America page mentions nothing of the main headquarters in China. Only mention that they're engineered and tested in Australia. :laugh: Not saying there's anything wrong with it, but it was clever marketing on someone's part. ;)

Shop around, get the cheapest one. :greensmok

What have you done!?!? :scared:

Yeah, you just gotta watch the model Smitty used to have the 4.1hp and now has the 5.5hp model, which is the one I just got.

$323.95 shipped from 4x4groupbuy.com for the xrc8

I bought an EW-10000 from a connection I have for $300 and I've compared it to T-Max and the ones from fourwheel parts and its basically the same winch.

The only negative thing I have noticed about it is that the original paint faded BAD within 3 months and the wire boots dry rotted. But its pulled my jeep out while it was completly submerged and gotten me out of many bad situations in the year I've had it. I just recently painted it up for winter for cosmetics and put liquid electrical tape on the connections to keep them dry and corrosion free.

Here it is now:
CIMG0563.jpg

Heres what it looked like after 3 months of Pennsylvania summer:
CIMG0261.jpg

Back from the dead.

I need a solenoid for my Tmax EW9000.
What did you end up getting to replace yours? Specs?

I called t-max and they mailed me the solenoid, free.

They even called a few days later to make sure it fixed the problem.

I was bout a year out of warranty. I told them a story about djblade311 being stuck, and spending six hours pulling him uphill without a problem while Warn winches quit working on the same task, and they set me up.

Well I've confirmed two things.

1. The Tmax joint in Elkhart, IN (Tmax Sole North American Distributor) is no longer in business. Their phones have been disco'd and they don't return Email. The Rough Country guys also confirmed that they (Tmax in Elkhart) went under.

2. My problem is not a solenoid. I can put a jumper to the solenoids and they work just fine. It's got to do with the remote connections. I took apart my remote and found wires not connected to anything. I must admit that the remote construction is a pretty cheezy setup. I think I can make it work, I've just not had time to fiddle with it. I'm eventually going to set up in-cab controls. That will be a pretty simple task being as my solenoid box has the "trailer plug" wired up.

Thanks for the links!

Back