• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust manifold stud missing

my2monkeys

NAXJA Member
<P>The frt bott stud has been gone for 8 years now. I figured it snapped off, but after pulling one off at the j/y I see that the stud is short and has course threads. So now I'm thinking maybe it just backed out, and I could put a bolt in it's place. However, the manifold has slipped down,covering part of the bolt hole. I'm afraid I'll snap the other rusty bolts trying to move manifold up a 1/4 inch. She has started to tick until she warms up and manifold expands. what do you guys think, should I leave well enough alone?I took pictures, but I'll have to wait til the wife gets up, as I am url and other computer knowledge illiterate.</P>

pull the manifold and such, go to homedepot or lows or fastenall and get a couple brass 3/8" (I think) studs, then install them and slide it all back together with a new gasket. Should run much better

Back