• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Modded 99 XJ in Alabama:

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I hate to do this, but I have been fighting cancer for 1.5 years and unable to use my Jeep. I only come home for 2-3 days every 4-5 months and I have access to a G35 so I really just need the money. If someone is interested in buying and I'm in Houston my dad will sell the Jeep, clean title in hand. Jeep MUST be picked up in Birmingham, AL

FOR SALE:

1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4
83k miles

4-door, desert sand color, grey cloth interior.
Power windows, locks, cruise, cold A/C, JVC cd/mp3 player, new H4 headlights, etc
4.0L / aw4 / np242 with RE SYE
Cleanly trimmed fenders
High Angle Driveline cv driveshaft
Front HP d30 with Precision 4.56s and master install, Aussie locker and Rockcrusher diff cover.
Rear 8.25 with Yukon 4.56s and master install, raised shock mounts and open diff.
1-ton JCR steering, www.jcroffroad.com
Rubicon Express 4.5” lift, upgraded to HD tracbar and mount, adj. UCAs, JKS discos, and RE monotube shocks. ¾” spacer up front to level
33x12.50 Mickey Thompson MTZs on 15x8 rock crusher black steelies, put on new at 81,750 miles
MORE steering box brace, www.mountainoffroad.com
Rigidco front bumper, mounts in 19 places, www.rigidco.com
AJs “super nerf” rock rails, www.ajsoffroadarmor.com
TNT chassis stiffeners, www.tntcustoms.com
WARN t-case skid
Rear shock hoop, much stronger than stock mounts and flexes much better. www.crossenterprises.com
DPG bumpstop plates, www.dpgoffroad.com
Custom exhaust, dumps over rear axle, nice tone, not too loud
Warrior Products roof rack

Also have a spare 30k mile '00 XJ np231, new HD SYE and a Corbaeu Forza 2 seat I can add to sweetin the deal some.

Pros:
This Jeep is tight, I mean the steering to the body its solid. Jeep has never had an issue, drive it anywhere 80 mph. Been my DD since Nov. 05. I built this rig right and its my 4th XJ, if I wasn't sick it would NEVER be sold. Its always had the fluids changed on schedule and thats all I have ever had to do to it, again ZERO problems. Jeep has been offroad 3 times, mainly poser stuff, never been stuck in it put it that way. No rust at all, Jeep has never left the SE.

Cons:
Has a small ding in tailgate (pin point sized), a smooth slight dent in lower 1/2 of drivers side rear door and a dent in the right front fender from tire rubbage...nothing bad at all...pics can't pick them up.

$7,500 FIRM

DSC00324.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

newxj6.jpg

Last edited:
uncc civilengineer said:
why are you GIVING it away? I'm going to run it by my brother... any interest in trading for anything? He has a 94 Honda Accord EX...

Didn't know my price was too low...Yeah I hate it I got like $7k in mods alone. Just need money unless its a built open top Jeep I can bang around in one day.

uncc civilengineer said:
why are you GIVING it away?...
I agree. Even looking at the pictures just gives me that good feeling that I look for when buying a jeep (or any vehicle). It screams clean and done right. Even if you don't up the price...don't accept a penny less for that thing...and if somebody offers less....just let us know where they live. Somebody on here will be close enough to where they live to go deliver a

Yeah if I trade its for something with 1-tons, plus I don't have cash I haven't worked in 1.5 years.

Last edited:
i can understand the financial situation... i just saw that you said "open top jeep" and that's what he had. he's going to be putting his jeep up for sale this week, so maybe he'll have some money soon, if your jeeps still available, and if he's intersted... i'll be sending him a link to your ad here...

MELKORsXJ said:
i can understand the financial situation... i just saw that you said "open top jeep" and that's what he had. he's going to be putting his jeep up for sale this week, so maybe he'll have some money soon, if your jeeps still available, and if he's intersted... i'll be sending him a link to your ad here...

Cool and yeah don't get me wrong I'll do an even trade hahaha

More pics haha:

jeep3.jpg

jeep4.jpg

my friend with the TJ wants your jeep! we're listing it all over the net and local stuff tomorrow... and i PM'd you his number so you can give him a call and more info...

MELKORsXJ said:
my friend with the TJ wants your jeep! we're listing it all over the net and local stuff tomorrow... and i PM'd you his number so you can give him a call and more info...

I'm still in Houston for a few weeks 2-3, I'll be home for like 3 days. We can work something out if his isn't sold in time I'll go ahead and sign my title and let my dad sell it.

I have one guy with a good trade, but he isn't sure yet.

zachman, i see you're online right now... and my friend is still up... he'd like ya to call him right now if you could... thanks

I'm in the hospital, but okay..

edit: Not sure it will work out or not his price is high...I thought it had a d44 front axle. I just think it will take atleast a few months to sell.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this, your jeep is one of nicest jeeps on this site imo.

oo7ravisXJ said:
Sorry to hear about this, your jeep is one of nicest jeeps on this site imo.

Yeah just think what it would look like if I never got sick 1.5 yrs ago, lol. I remember canceling my order for the matching rear bumper...

Then again it would be dented up good by now, lol.

his TJ may be a Dana 44, i haven't crawled under there and looked, but it's a 5x5.5 bolt pattern. (front and rear)

Back