• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Schedule...?

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was going to PM this question, but then I thought I might not be the only one who is curious.

What are we thinking the daily schedule will look like? Is there a certain time (appx.) that we're going to try to be out on the trails? Off the trails? Dinner/BBQ timing? The same every day?

The reason I ask is I'm trying to figure when I'll actually arrive, either late Thursday night or Friday sometime.

Thanks,

-----Matt-----

Bunch of us are arriving Thursday afternoon.
Those showing up then can go through tech and registration early.
Sounds like we're heading into Tillamook on Thursday after getting our sites set up.

Friday we're scouting trails and determining which trails we're going run and when. Informal, no set time for that.

Friday evening/night kicks off the official start. Those attending up to that point can be registered and go through tech inspection. Saves time for Saturday morning.

Saturday morning we're finalizing tech inspections, driver packets, and driver meetings. Saturday during the day will be wheeling. No times determined yet.

Saturday evening will be BBQ/Raffle/etc. No time determined yet, but there will be plenty of time for us to get our food going. Figured while food is being prepared we can do the raffles and 'awards' ceremony. Before festivities begin Saturday night we want to give everyone a chance to freshen up. We'll probably have stuff going on to keep the kids occupied while we're competing for goodies.

Sunday morning we can do camp cleanup and move tow vehicles to staging areas or something. Those who want to wheel throughout the day, can. probably going to do some exhibition stuff on Crushers if anyone wants to show off (of course we don't have ANY of those in our group do we?;)). There are a couple of rock piles there so everyone can pose for pics if they want.

:)

Not really going to be sticklers for running times, but we'll come up with a dinnertime for Saturday. If the slower group wants to stop to take pictures, etc. on the trail, they'll have to keep in mind that dinner will be at X time. You might not get all the running in that you wanted if the pace is slower. if you want to run in a faster group, we'll be driving trails and only stopping to fix something or let people by. Emergencies apply as well, but that should go without saying. :D It'll be up to the trail leaders to determine when they're getting back. I imagine some groups will be back early, which is what I'm hoping to do a little bit there. Gotta make the donuts, so to speak. :)

As for other dinner times, that's up to whomever is grouped up on the other days. To ME and a few others I've talked to it's more the conversation and camping part than it is the wheeling (hence the location). There'll be something for everyone, though, so don't fret. :)

Sounds good Phil.

As expressed by others, I wouldn't mind heading out on a trail around Friday. Maybe some site seeing in the park, or maybe head to Tillamook to get some Cheese.

I can't forget to stop by GI Joes to pick up a permit and possibly a shower.

Jason

I will be heading out friday midmorning and wheel until dinner. That is if I can't find people to go with me since you should never wheel alone. I haven't done any REAL wheeling since Evan's last Oct. That is 9 months ouch. I will get in as much as my jeep and I can take.

I'm joining up with the Washington convoy as they head though Portland. I'd be in for some light/moderate wheeling on Friday morning. Can't do anything to hard, since I have to be to work Friday night. Or maybe a Thrusday night run??? :D

Some of my plans have changed, not leaving until early Friday morning. I would be up for a late afternoon trip.

JMotorsprt said:
Sounds good Phil.

As expressed by others, I wouldn't mind heading out on a trail around Friday. Maybe some site seeing in the park, or maybe head to Tillamook to get some Cheese.

I can't forget to stop by GI Joes to pick up a permit and possibly a shower.

Jason

I thought you were heading into Tillamook on Thursday afternoon? :laugh3:

At any rate, Mark and I are heading out to scout trails on Friday (which means wheeling) so anybody who wants to join, can. Bear in mind we'll be going FAST through the trails so we can make the most of our time. Not stopping to take pictures of stock XJs making it up 'unbelievable' obstacles with 'insane' amounts of swaybar-connected flex. ;)

As for Joe's, I think we'll swing in there Thursday on the way down so you guys can get permits and we can meet up with the OR folks.

ECKSJAY said:
Not stopping to take pictures of stock XJs making it up 'unbelievable' obstacles with 'insane' amounts of swaybar-connected flex. ;)

I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time!! Ian, I think this might be directed towards you;)
Michael

PS. Phil, I will be tagging along to see the trails and find the difficult stuff. But your not alowed to take pic's of my jeep making it up unbelievable obstacles with insane amounts of swaybar-connected flex (oh, sorry, that must be your jeep with the swaybar connected!!).

2xtreme said:
I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time!! Ian, I think this might be directed towards you;)
Michael

PS. Phil, I will be tagging along to see the trails and find the difficult stuff. But your not alowed to take pic's of my jeep making it up unbelievable obstacles with insane amounts of swaybar-connected flex (oh, sorry, that must be your jeep with the swaybar connected!!).

You go locker-free, I leave my swaybars connected. :D It works for both of us. :D:D:D

In all reality, I'm too freakin' lazy to finish trimming my fenders and adjust bumpstops. :laugh3:

ECKSJAY said:
In all reality, I'm too freakin' lazy to finish trimming my fenders and adjust bumpstops. :laugh3:

I am sure that a few of us wouldn't mind trimming your fenders for you after the festivities of Sat night;)

You might not even need new bumpstops after that!!

Michael

2xtreme said:
I am sure that a few of us wouldn't mind trimming your fenders for you after the festivities of Sat night;)

You might not even need new bumpstops after that!!

Michael

Bumpstops are necessary to keep the Bilsteins intact. That is, unless you're suggesting that my pimped out homemade remote reservoir shocks may be missing... :D

Hell, I dunno if my fenders need to be trimmed anymore. I think it's just cosmetic at that point. Heh, I might even hit the sporting goods store today for some hockey pucks and slip them inside my coils. Dangit, now you've got me working. :twak:

I would bet three car batteries, jumper cables and a cutting stick would do your roof nicely:firedevil

That makes a sawsall look delicate.

ECKSJAY said:
Hook me up with a fuel cell and we'll talk dovetail. :)

Why fuel cell. We can just narrow the tank while we are at it!!
This is starting to sound like fun. I think I should go pack a few more tools to help out with.

PS. Is Andy bringing his chainsaw?

Michael

Back