• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

30's on stock cherokee

93_xj

NAXJA Forum User
How bad will they rub? If any rubbing at all?

Im not too worried about flex, its just my stock tires are bald and I dont want to be driving around with bald tires in rain or snow.

Mine (31's) rubbed in the back (on the inner wheel well and near the back pinch seam) under flex until I put my lift in.

No worries with rubbing with stock setup and 30s. I have been running mine (BFG TA/KOs) since the summer of '99 without issue. The only thing you will get is when you make severe turns (like turning your steering wheel as far as it will go one way or the other), you will get a little rubbing.

Anthropy said:
No worries with rubbing with stock setup and 30s. I have been running mine (BFG TA/KOs) since the summer of '99 without issue. The only thing you will get is when you make severe turns (like turning your steering wheel as far as it will go one way or the other), you will get a little rubbing.

Couple of washers behind the steering stops will fix that up nicely.

my 30's rubbed back and front both,but maybe it was because i am running rims with 4" backspacing,and the tires were out farther than stock. they don't rub now after my 3" lift:)

I ran 30's on a set of cayons with no problems. Now I'm at 31's with minor rubbing on the inner rear fender at full flex.

Back